Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Serious Questions About The Way Covid Deaths Have Been Counted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

That's from last year, right?

Like, around this time last year, based on the death count and on remarks in the clip.
    Sorry, not sure about the date of the video. As I said, I just saw it yesterday.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I guess that depends on how high an opinion you have of the doctors filling out death certificates.
      Given the number of doctors arrested each year for running "pill factories" (prescribing pain medication without examining the patients) or involved in Medicare/Medicaid fraud each year, I don't imagine it would be hard to find folks willing to engage in a far less risky endeavor.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Given the number of doctors arrested each year for running "pill factories" (prescribing pain medication without examining the patients) or involved in Medicare/Medicaid fraud each year, I don't imagine it would be hard to find folks willing to engage in a far less risky endeavor.
        Doctors do not receive any compensation regardless of how they fill out a death certificate
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Doctors do not receive any compensation regardless of how they fill out a death certificate
          https://www.aha.org/advisory/2020-04...act-provisions 25% more for Medicare patients diagnosed with it

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You're like a cute little kitten whose eyes have not yet been opened.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

https://www.aha.org/advisory/2020-04...act-provisions 25% more for Medicare patients diagnosed with it
              In most cases, I think it's the hospital that gets the money, not the doctor. But for the sake of argument, let's assume it's the doctor.

What percentage of doctors do you think would be willing to falsify a death certificate to get that money? 50%?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Or an old crotchety dog who's gone blind.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

In most cases, I think it's the hospital that gets the money, not the doctor. But for the sake of argument, let's assume it's the doctor.

What percentage of doctors do you think would be willing to falsify a death certificate to get that money? 50%?
                  I don't think, in many cases, that they see it as "falsifying a death certificate" so much as going along with the flow. If there is ANY possibility that COVID could be a factor, they're "giving it the benefit of the doubt". They're "doing their part" for the battle against the Great Pandemic.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't think, in many cases, that they see it as "falsifying a death certificate" so much as going along with the flow. If there is ANY possibility that COVID could be a factor, they're "giving it the benefit of the doubt". They're "doing their part" for the battle against the Great Pandemic.
                    And yet in at least 90% of cases where covid-19 is listed on the death certificate, it is the underlying cause of death. One would think that if they just wanted to give it "the benefit of the doubt", they would just make it a contributing cause.

Comment

Many might look the other way in that it'll help finance a hospital that might be struggling.

Comment

And yet in at least 90% of cases where covid-19 is listed on the death certificate, it is the underlying cause of death. One would think that if they just wanted to give it "the benefit of the doubt", they would just make it a contributing cause.
                        My daughter is a Hospice Nurse Trainer -- she comes into contact with this all the time with her trainees - they know which doctors to call if they want a simple "this is what happened" death certificate, and which ones will just declare it a COVID death regardless.

Comment

Bizzare from someone with a decent education.
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

This does not go to the doctors in hospitals. It goes to the hospitals. IR you have references of reliable sources of kickbacks to doctors please prive them.

Frank

Comment

Bizzare from someone with a decent education.
                              I'm still waiting!

Comment

This does not go to the doctors in hospitals. It goes to the hospitals. IR you have references of reliable sources of kickbacks to doctors please prive them.
                                Can you define "prive", please? Given your 'decent education'.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X