Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Serious Questions About The Way Covid Deaths Have Been Counted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Neither side wants to solve it - it's a political football both sides appear to need as campaign material.
    Agreed. Kind of like the abortion issue.

What percent of the hundreds of thousands entering our country illegally are vaccinated? Do you even have a guess?
    No, I don't have a guess. Any of them who want to be vaccinated can get vaccinated. I just hope they aren't as resistant to being vaccinated as our citizens.

We hear all the time that we just reach a certain percentage (and that keeps changing), so an influx of a whole bunch of people who are mostly unvaccinated would most certainly affect that total percentage.
    There is no exact percentage. The percentage that needs to be vaccinated in order for the number of cases to decline is dependent on a number of other factors that are changing all the time. Those other factors include the number of people who have recovered from being infected, the contagiousness of the virus, and the behavior of the population. Even the efficacy of the vaccine, if it drops over time as suspected.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      Agreed. Kind of like the abortion issue.
      Or gun control.

No, I don't have a guess. Any of them who want to be vaccinated can get vaccinated. I just hope they aren't as resistant to being vaccinated as our citizens.
      How? Are there healthcare professionals there with the vaccines? Why would they think that's an issue at all, as they simply want to disappear into the US after receiving their Notice to Appear or Notice to Advise?

Why not make it a requirement for entry, even if it's illegal entry? I mean, we're actually bussing them all over (and some of them are actually hijacking those busses and kicking the drivers out) - why not simply require a vaccination as part of the process?

I mean, if there IS a serious effort to get the whole country vaccinated.

There is no exact percentage.
      EGGzackly --- that's been a "moving goal post" for quite some time. What "herd immunity" is... keeps changing.

The percentage that needs to be vaccinated in order for the number of cases to decline is dependent on a number of other factors that are changing all the time. Those other factors include the number of people who have recovered from being infected, the contagiousness of the virus, and the behavior of the population. Even the efficacy of the vaccine, if it drops over time as suspected.
      So, here we have a "captive audience" --- a whole bunch of illegal immigrants who are most likely NOT vaccinated, and they are not challenged at all.

If you come to the US on an airplane, you get scrutinized 10 ways to Sunday, proving who you are, where you've come from, snooping through your luggage....

But if you walk over the shallow stream that separates the US and Mexico --- no examination whatsoever.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why not make it a requirement for entry, even if it's illegal entry? I mean, we're actually bussing them all over (and some of them are actually hijacking those busses and kicking the drivers out) - why not simply require a vaccination as part of the process?

I mean, if there IS a serious effort to get the whole country vaccinated.
        My initial reaction to this was to say, "Yes! Require asylum seekers and refugees to get a vaccination!"

The only drawback I see is that vaccination isn't recommended for people who are currently infected, or have recently recovered. It might be good to test people for antibodies before requiring vaccination. (And yes, that would probably be good for anyone who is going to be required to get a vaccination.)

EGGzackly --- that's been a "moving goal post" for quite some time. What "herd immunity" is... keeps changing.
        Yeah, they probably should have avoided talking about herd immunity.

The one thing that is constant is that more people vaccinated is better. If the number of cases is still going up, more people vaccinated means it will go up slower. If the number of cases is going down, more people vaccinated means it will go down faster.

Comment

My initial reaction to this was to say, "Yes! Require asylum seekers and refugees to get a vaccination!"

The only drawback I see is that vaccination isn't recommended for people who are currently infected, or have recently recovered. It might be good to test people for antibodies before requiring vaccination. (And yes, that would probably be good for anyone who is going to be required to get a vaccination.)
          ANYTHING!!!

Yeah, they probably should have avoided talking about herd immunity.
          Biden just said it's 98%.

Long removed from the days of "two weeks to slow the spread," President Joe Biden claimed Monday that nearly every American will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before life can return to "normal."

In other words, the goalposts have shifted yet again.
          While Biden was getting his COVID booster shot — which is recommended for the 78-year-old president — at the White House, a reporter asked him what percentage of Americans must get vaccinated before normal life returns.

Biden responded by saying as much as 98% of the country — but said it certainly can't be 75%.

A lot of the people who are resistant to vaccination is because the Biden "team" has screwed up the messaging so horribly bad, they are no longer believed.

The one thing that is constant is that more people vaccinated is better. If the number of cases is still going up, more people vaccinated means it will go up slower. If the number of cases is going down, more people vaccinated means it will go down faster.
          MORE screwed up messaging from the Biden "team" ---

Biden's top health officials sending mixed messages on Covid-19 response

(CNN)As the status of Covid-19 in the US has changed quickly in the last few weeks with the rise of the highly contagious Delta variant, the messages coming from public health officials inside the Biden administration have sometimes been muddled or contradictory.

Those changing messages have led to questions about whether public health officials are all on the same page and caused confusion in a public that was hoping to move on from the pandemic.
          Sometimes the pivot has meant reversing course, such as re-instituting guidance on wearing masks indoors among both the vaccinated and unvaccinated despite months of the administration telling Americans that they could take off their masks if they got their shots.It's also meant embracing a new, harsher tone toward the unvaccinated, who had been encouraged to get their shots for months, as Biden and his administration began to openly blame the unvaccinated for the spike in cases. In one significant step, the President announced he would require federal employees get vaccinated or face work travel restrictions and frequent Covid-19 testing. That change came after months of the administration batting away suggestions of vaccine mandates for any American.

Seriously, it would take a blooming idiot to vote for these clowns.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

ANYTHING!!!

Long removed from the days of "two weeks to slow the spread," President Joe Biden claimed Monday that nearly every American will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before life can return to "normal."

In other words, the goalposts have shifted yet again.
            While Biden was getting his COVID booster shot — which is recommended for the 78-year-old president — at the White House, a reporter asked him what percentage of Americans must get vaccinated before normal life returns.

Biden responded by saying as much as 98% of the country — but said it certainly can't be 75%.

A lot of the people who are resistant to vaccination is because the Biden "team" has screwed up the messaging so horribly bad, they are no longer believed.

MORE screwed up messaging from the Biden "team" ---

Biden's top health officials sending mixed messages on Covid-19 response

(CNN)As the status of Covid-19 in the US has changed quickly in the last few weeks with the rise of the highly contagious Delta variant, the messages coming from public health officials inside the Biden administration have sometimes been muddled or contradictory.

Those changing messages have led to questions about whether public health officials are all on the same page and caused confusion in a public that was hoping to move on from the pandemic.
            Sometimes the pivot has meant reversing course, such as re-instituting guidance on wearing masks indoors among both the vaccinated and unvaccinated despite months of the administration telling Americans that they could take off their masks if they got their shots.It's also meant embracing a new, harsher tone toward the unvaccinated, who had been encouraged to get their shots for months, as Biden and his administration began to openly blame the unvaccinated for the spike in cases. In one significant step, the President announced he would require federal employees get vaccinated or face work travel restrictions and frequent Covid-19 testing. That change came after months of the administration batting away suggestions of vaccine mandates for any American.

You have not responded to the sourse I provided post #31, Which reliable academic sources claim that there is a significant over count sufficient to change the total fatalities in the course of the pandemic? I know of none, zip nada and of course zero.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

You have not responded to the sourse [sic] I provided post #31,
              Correct.

Comment

I expect Fauci winces when Biden speaks off the cuff about covid-19 almost as much as he did when Trump spoke about it.

It would also take a blooming idiot to vote for the other guy. Problem is...

Comment

I expect Fauci winces when Biden speaks off the cuff about covid-19 almost as much as he did when Trump spoke about it.
                  Who doesn't wince when Biden speaks off the cuff?

It would also take a blooming idiot to vote for the other guy. Problem is...
                  Fact is, a lot of people who brought the Biden Circus to town are having major regrets.

Comment

Touché.

Fact is, a lot of people who brought the Biden Circus to town are having major regrets.
                    I expect most of those are of the form "I regret that I was forced to choose between Biden and Trump."

Comment

Touché.

I expect most of those are of the form "I regret that I was forced to choose between Biden and Trump."
                      I regret that I was forced to choose between Hillary and Trump - I don't regret in the least voting against Biden, because it was clear to me he was both corrupt and not in touch with reality.

Seriously, Biden has proven to be just exactly what Obama said was typical of him.

Comment

No regrets when considering the possibility of the Hedonist, womanizer, groosely dishonest, abusive, opportunistic opulently wealthy tax dodger,
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

I regret that I was forced to choose between Hillary and Trump - I don't regret in the least voting against Biden, because it was clear to me he was both corrupt and not in touch with reality.
                          I understand the feeling, since I don't regret in the least voting against Trump, either time.

The only difference is that I can't be completely sure that Trump is not in touch with reality, because he is so corrupt and dishonest.

Comment

I understand the feeling, since I don't regret in the least voting against Trump, either time.

The only difference is that I can't be completely sure that Trump is not in touch with reality, because he is so corrupt and dishonest.
                            And Biden's elevator isn't stuck in the basement?

Trump loved pulling the chain of the media, and going "over the top" on things.

Biden is so out of it that he thinks he's telling the truth.

The only difference is that I am absolutely sure that Biden is not in touch with reality, AND he is so corrupt and dishonest.

Even Peppermint Patty can't keep his lies straight.

Comment

I'm still waiting!
                              No coherent responses nor good academic references provide,

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

No coherent responses nor good academic references provide,
                                More bolding and underling, please.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X