Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

End of the Covid-19 Pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the Covid-19 Pandemic

As an important bit of information, Fauci, CDC, NIH, and WHO should inform us how the end of the pandemic will be identified. There already was an article I had seen where a couple experts said the pandemic was over.

At some point, there should be herd immunity by those who had covid-19, those exposed to the virus without being affected by it, and maybe even those who get the experimental shots. Even with these protections, people still may get covid-19.

Now we see NZ maybe with 1 death. We see Australia going into tyrannical rule with hardly a death in their country. Then we also know that the PCR tests have been a big flop scientifically speaking -- plus the novel way that "cases" were defined as interpretations of positive PCR results rather than as people who were sick. And why should this new method of defining cases suddenly be used?

So, at some point in time, the deaths and severe cases should achieve some manageable number per year. Plus, there are ways of reducing the severity of sickness. What is this rate of deaths? Will the government hacks please inform us of this -- instead of making it a guessing game?

I think with NZ and Australia that they have gone to an extreme, ill-informed option of trying to eradicate the disease all at once. This is something that I don't think has ever been done in a year or two before. why would they be so foolish to think that they can do this now? And is it worth the over a hundred thousand deaths to achieve this goal (and as many of lifelong injuries)?

If it helps any, we're probably almost there, at least in the US. (With the usual caveat: as long as no nasty new variants turn up)

https://www.city-journal.org/good-ne...covid-pandemic

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      As an important bit of information, Fauci, CDC, NIH, and WHO should inform us how the end of the pandemic will be identified. There already was an article I had seen where a couple experts said the pandemic was over.

At some point, there should be herd immunity by those who had covid-19, those exposed to the virus without being affected by it, and maybe even those who get the experimental shots. Even with these protections, people still may get covid-19.

Now we see NZ maybe with 1 death. We see Australia going into tyrannical rule with hardly a death in their country. Then we also know that the PCR tests have been a big flop scientifically speaking -- plus the novel way that "cases" were defined as interpretations of positive PCR results rather than as people who were sick. And why should this new method of defining cases suddenly be used?

So, at some point in time, the deaths and severe cases should achieve some manageable number per year. Plus, there are ways of reducing the severity of sickness. What is this rate of deaths? Will the government hacks please inform us of this -- instead of making it a guessing game?

I think with NZ and Australia that they have gone to an extreme, ill-informed option of trying to eradicate the disease all at once. This is something that I don't think has ever been done in a year or two before. why would they be so foolish to think that they can do this now? And is it worth the over a hundred thousand deaths to achieve this goal (and as many of lifelong injuries)?
      Good points and foolish indeed. The world has gone mad. Here in SA they are talking about vaccination passports for malls and places of work.

Comment

We are at the end. Let's go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
          If it helps any, we're probably almost there, at least in the US. (With the usual caveat: as long as no nasty new variants turn up)

https://www.city-journal.org/good-ne...covid-pandemic
          That's the rub. Israel which is over 80% fully vaxxed has recently experienced a sharp increase in Covid cases thanks to the Delta variant.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Now they are promoting the R variant. Somehow some government or medical people are able to say this will go on for 2 more years or 10 more years. The president of Moderna said it could be over middle of next year if people buy their product.

Comment

Which 'experts' have told that Covid is over?

It is a relief to read that you do consider vaxxing to be a protection. That's a move forward, I think.

It doesn't look as if Covid is going away anytime soon....

When will the COVID-19 pandemic end? | McKinseyhttps://www.mckinsey.com › industries › our-insights
              23 Aug 2021 — Among high-income countries, cases caused by the Delta variant reversed the transition toward normalcy first in the United Kingdom, during June ...
              ‎Cookie Policy · ‎Dr. Sarun Charumilind · ‎Jessica Lamb · ‎Shubham Singhal

The coronavirus is here to stay — here's what that meanshttps://www.nature.com › news feature
              16 Feb 2021 — A Nature survey shows many scientists expect the virus that causes COVID-19 to become endemic, but it could pose less danger over time.
              ‎How to redesign COVID... · ‎COVID research: a year of...

Is the coronavirus pandemic over at last? - BBC Newshttps://www.bbc.co.uk › news › uk-scotland-58112939
              8 Aug 2021 — "It's looking unlikely that we'll ever get to a point around the globe that we have enough immunity that Covid goes away for good," says Prof ...

The coronavirus pandemic is far from over | Science - DWhttps://www.dw.com › coronavirus-global-pandemic-tre...
              3 days ago — Some countries are reporting more new coronavirus infections compared with the previous two weeks. Global data trends show that the coronavirus ...

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
                Which 'experts' have told that Covid is over?
                From his quote he never made that claim but said that the various experts

should inform us how the end of the pandemic will be identified

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
                  We are at the end. Let's go with that.
                  We are not at the enb of the pandemic.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    From his quote he never made that claim but said that the various experts

should inform us how the end of the pandemic will be identified
                    Comprehension much?
                    MikeWhitney posted:- There already was an article I had seen where a couple experts said the pandemic was over.

Comment

Citing island countries like New Zealand's low infection rates is not remotely meaningful concerning the nature of the COVID=19 pandemic world wide. There is a new varient found in California called 'Mu' that has the potential of being more reisistent to the vaccines, It has been confirmed that the rise and spread of new varients is related to the increase in COVID-19 in the unvaccinated.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/01/who-says-it-is-monitoring-a-new-covid-variant-called-mu.html

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

WHO says it is monitoring a new Covid variant called ‘mu’

PUBLISHED WED, SEP 1 202110:56 AM EDTUPDATED THU, SEP 2 20213:39 PM EDT
                      Berkeley Lovelace Jr.@BERKELEYJR

The World Health Organization is monitoring a new coronavirus variant called “mu,” which the agency says has mutations that have the potential to evade immunity provided by a previous Covid-19 infection or vaccination.

Mu — also known by scientists as B.1.621 — was added to the WHO’s list of variants “of interest” on Aug. 30, the international health organization said in its weekly Covid epidemiological report published late Tuesday.

The variant contains genetic mutations that indicate natural immunity, current vaccines or monoclonal antibody treatments may not work as well against it as they do against the original ancestral virus, the WHO said. The mu strain needs further study to confirm whether it will prove to be more contagious, more deadly or more resistant to current vaccines and treatments.

© Copyright Original Source

The pandemic is far from over, and the possibility I proposed long ago that the virus causing COVID-19 may become very much a permanent virus to humans like other viruses like those causing flus and colds, but the virus causing COVID-19 is very different. In other words it may not go away.
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-28-2021, 08:23 AM.
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

It is not over in Australia . . . .

Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/australias-victoria-reports-record-new-covid-19-cases-2021-09-29/

Melbourne cases hit record despite two months of lockdown

By Renju Jose

SYDNEY, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Melbourne's COVID-19 cases surged to record levels on Thursday with officials blaming illegal home gatherings to watch a key sporting event for the spike as a hard lockdown to combat the spread of the Delta variant neared two months.

Authorities in Victoria, home to Melbourne, estimated nearly a third of Thursday's 1,438 new infections could be traced back to home parties last weekend to watch the Australian Rules Football Grand Final on television.

"Many of these cases were completely avoidable ... I'm not trying to blame anyone, I'm simply trying to explain because a lot of people will be scratching their heads - how could it have gone up by so much, so fast," state Premier Daniel Andrews said during a media briefing.

Officials admitted Thursday's numbers, a 50% jump to Wednesday's 950 cases, is a "major setback" in managing the flare-up, as they race to vaccinate the state's 5.5 million adult population.

Half of the state's population above 16 have received their first dose, below the national average of 53%, as officials halved the intervals between Pfizer (PFE.N) shots in state-run vaccine hubs to three weeks after supplies rose.

Australia's largest cities, Sydney and Melbourne, and the capital Canberra are in a weeks-long lockdown to combat a third wave of infections fuelled by the fast-moving Delta variant. Authorities have ditched a COVID-zero strategy and are looking at higher vaccination as their exit strategy from lockdowns.

A total of 941 new cases were reported in New South Wales on Thursday, the majority in state capital Sydney, while Queensland recorded six and the Australian Capital Territory 31 infections.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          It is not over in Australia . . . .

Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/australias-victoria-reports-record-new-covid-19-cases-2021-09-29/

Melbourne cases hit record despite two months of lockdown

By Renju Jose

SYDNEY, Sept 30 (Reuters) - Melbourne's COVID-19 cases surged to record levels on Thursday with officials blaming illegal home gatherings to watch a key sporting event for the spike as a hard lockdown to combat the spread of the Delta variant neared two months.

Authorities in Victoria, home to Melbourne, estimated nearly a third of Thursday's 1,438 new infections could be traced back to home parties last weekend to watch the Australian Rules Football Grand Final on television.

"Many of these cases were completely avoidable ... I'm not trying to blame anyone, I'm simply trying to explain because a lot of people will be scratching their heads - how could it have gone up by so much, so fast," state Premier Daniel Andrews said during a media briefing.

Officials admitted Thursday's numbers, a 50% jump to Wednesday's 950 cases, is a "major setback" in managing the flare-up, as they race to vaccinate the state's 5.5 million adult population.

Half of the state's population above 16 have received their first dose, below the national average of 53%, as officials halved the intervals between Pfizer (PFE.N) shots in state-run vaccine hubs to three weeks after supplies rose.

Australia's largest cities, Sydney and Melbourne, and the capital Canberra are in a weeks-long lockdown to combat a third wave of infections fuelled by the fast-moving Delta variant. Authorities have ditched a COVID-zero strategy and are looking at higher vaccination as their exit strategy from lockdowns.

A total of 941 new cases were reported in New South Wales on Thursday, the majority in state capital Sydney, while Queensland recorded six and the Australian Capital Territory 31 infections.

It is amazing how many times they prove that lockdowns only harm people. Then so much of the population still thinks they are helpful.

It is amazing how many people get ill from the covid shots and from breakthrough illness and people still think the covid shots are helpful.

We have to get back to the old normal before we kill out everything with the new normal.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                            Citing island countries like New Zealand's low infection rates is not remotely meaningful concerning the nature of the COVID=19 pandemic world wide. There is a new varient found in California called 'Mu' that has the potential of being more reisistent to the vaccines, It has been confirmed that the rise and spread of new varients is related to the increase in COVID-19 in the unvaccinated.

Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/01/who-says-it-is-monitoring-a-new-covid-variant-called-mu.html

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

WHO says it is monitoring a new Covid variant called ‘mu’

PUBLISHED WED, SEP 1 202110:56 AM EDTUPDATED THU, SEP 2 20213:39 PM EDT
                            Berkeley Lovelace Jr.@BERKELEYJR

The World Health Organization is monitoring a new coronavirus variant called “mu,” which the agency says has mutations that have the potential to evade immunity provided by a previous Covid-19 infection or vaccination.

Mu — also known by scientists as B.1.621 — was added to the WHO’s list of variants “of interest” on Aug. 30, the international health organization said in its weekly Covid epidemiological report published late Tuesday.

The variant contains genetic mutations that indicate natural immunity, current vaccines or monoclonal antibody treatments may not work as well against it as they do against the original ancestral virus, the WHO said. The mu strain needs further study to confirm whether it will prove to be more contagious, more deadly or more resistant to current vaccines and treatments.

The pandemic is far from over, and the possibility I proposed long ago that the virus causing COVID-19 may become very much a permanent virus to humans like other viruses like those causing flus and colds, but the virus causing COVID-19 is very different. In other words it may not go away.

Wow. Amazing how they keep finding new ones. If you look at the 20 year history of WHO and pandemics, you will see how well contrived the current stuff is.

We will keep seeing new variants as long as we believe in the boogie man. I think there have been a few movies on that theme -- the monster keeps returning as long as people think it exists.

Comment

Wow. Amazing how they keep finding new ones. If you look at the 20 year history of WHO and pandemics, you will see how well contrived the current stuff is.

We will keep seeing new variants as long as we believe in the boogie man. I think there have been a few movies on that theme -- the monster keeps returning as long as people think it exists.
                              This just reflects your anti-science way if thinking entrenched in ancient mythology.

Frank

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X