Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

I was Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was Wrong

In a recent thread I've already lost track of, I stated that I trusted the FDA more than the CDC because the FDA is more cognizant of how badly its screw ups can blow up in its face. Evidently, they aren't anymore.

I've always said we got lucky with AZT - it was rushed through the process and while it's not anyone's idea of a good drug to have to take (side effects, oh heck yeah) it did seem (we're assuming that not all of the last thirty years of research are suspect) to do far more good than harm. It could easily have gone the other way. Maybe gays wouldn't have been giving birth to limbless children - but we could have inadvertently killed a lot of people had the drug had more of a sting in its tail than it did.

I was wrong about the FDA - they're way too politicized to remember their past.

Maybe we should go back to no immunity for any manufacturer and let them bear all the risk. We could require a bond to pay the damages if they do send something to market that proves nasty within ten years and otherwise they can just deal with the lawsuits. The FDA doesn't exactly have a sterling track record - maybe good old sue the jerks will work better.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Maybe we should go back to no immunity for any manufacturer and let them bear all the risk. We could require a bond to pay the damages if they do send something to market that proves nasty within ten years and otherwise they can just deal with the lawsuits. The FDA doesn't exactly have a sterling track record - maybe good old sue the jerks will work better.
    Oh HELL yeah!!!
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

So, should I put you down as a maybe?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X