Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

COVID-19 lambda variant: What to know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Or just not trust Stoic or his sources as credible.

I remember back in the day I was promoting the wuhan lab leak theory when it was still just a theory, and Stoic linked me to a Buzzfeed article assuring me it was just a wacky rightwing conspiracy theory.

Just so you know.
    I was being a bit hyperbolic, of course.

I think it's worth being cognizant of the material in his link, but the author was clearly not an honest critic.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I remember back in the day I was promoting the wuhan lab leak theory when it was still just a theory,
      Got news for you. It's still just a theory.

and Stoic linked me to a Buzzfeed article assuring me it was just a wacky rightwing conspiracy theory.
      I'm afraid I don't remember that. Did I happen to say why I linked that article?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
        Got news for you. It's still just a theory.

I'm afraid I don't remember that. Did I happen to say why I linked that article?
        Actually it was specifically about Fauci funding the wuhan lab. The lab leak theory was in the purview of the discussion. Your Buzzfeed "fact check" source just turned out to be a partisan hack obfuscation of the subject. And now we know Fauci funding wuhan lab research is actually more of a fact than the lab leak theory itself.

Comment

Actually it was specifically about Fauci funding the wuhan lab. The lab leak theory was in the purview of the discussion. Your Buzzfeed "fact check" source just turned out to be a partisan hack obfuscation of the subject. And now we know Fauci funding wuhan lab research is actually more of a fact than the lab leak theory itself.
          Okay. The way you phrased it, it sounded like I was trying to convince you that the lab leak hypothesis was just a wacky rightwing conspiracy theory.

My position has always been that a lab leak is more likely than transmission to humans in the wild. I just don't think the evidence is conclusive.

Comment

Okay. The way you phrased it, it sounded like I was trying to convince you that the lab leak hypothesis was just a wacky rightwing conspiracy theory.

My position has always been that a lab leak is more likely than transmission to humans in the wild. I just don't think the evidence is conclusive.
            I had recalled the details differently at first. So let me correct the details of my initial post...

Or just not trust Stoic or his sources as credible.

I remember back in the day I was promoting the fact Fauci was funding the wuhan lab when he was still denying it, and Stoic linked me to a Buzzfeed article assuring me it was just a wacky rightwing conspiracy theory.

Just so you know.
            There ya go.

Comment

I remember back in the day I was promoting the fact Fauci was funding the wuhan lab when he was still denying it, and Stoic linked me to a Buzzfeed article assuring me it was just a wacky rightwing conspiracy theory.

There ya go.
              I'm not aware of Fauci denying that the US gave funds to the WIV.

Comment

I'm not aware of Fauci denying that the US gave funds to the WIV.
                He tried to deny it when first confronted about by Rand Paul during a senate hearing. In fact, he amusingly contradicted himself in the same sentence, I guess because he was caught off guard and got flustered. His first instinct was to lie on impulse until he quickly realized he was being questioned at a hearing.

I'm not sure if he ever denied it previously probably because no one had the gonads to confront him about it or just didn't know about the story reported in Newsweek. I'm highly confident he would have flatly denied it at that time if someone had asked him, especially if it wasn't before a senate hearing.

Comment

He tried to deny it when first confronted about by Rand Paul during a senate hearing. In fact, he amusingly contradicted himself in the same sentence, I guess because he was caught off guard and got flustered. His first instinct was to lie on impulse until he quickly realized he was being questioned at a hearing.

I'm not sure if he ever denied it previously probably because no one had the gonads to confront him about it or just didn't know about the story reported in Newsweek. I'm highly confident he would have flatly denied it at that time if someone had asked him, especially if it wasn't before a senate hearing.
                  I see where Fauci flatly denied funding gain-of-function research at the WIV, and he continues to maintain that position.

I don't see where he ever denied that some funding goes to the WIV.

Comment

I see where Fauci flatly denied funding gain-of-function research at the WIV, and he continues to maintain that position.

And Rand Paul wants the DOJ to investigate him for lying to Congress in making those silly claims.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      And Rand Paul wants the DOJ to investigate him for lying to Congress in making those silly claims.
                      Yes, Rand Paul claims Fauci is a liar, and Fauci claims Rand Paul is a liar. I believe Fauci.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X