Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

COVID-19 lambda variant: What to know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID-19 lambda variant: What to know

COVID-19 lambda variant: What to know

Health officials are keeping their eye on several COVID-19 mutations, including the lambda variant, which is starting to attract more attention — although not yet as much as the delta variant.

The World Health Organization first officially identified the lambda variant, or C.37, on June 14, 2020, pointing to a case in Peru that was documented in December 2020.

WHO officials said not much is known about the projected impact of the lambda variant, but there is the potential of increased transmissibility or possible increased resistance to neutralizing antibodies compared to the original COVID-19 strain. Researchers said more studies are needed to understand the variant.

WHO officials said not much is known about the projected impact of the lambda variant, but there is the potential of increased transmissibility or possible increased resistance to neutralizing antibodies compared to the original COVID-19 strain. Researchers said more studies are needed to understand the variant.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I believe that the communicability of the Delta variant is based solely on computer modeling. This could even be a detection of matter resulting from the experimental covid-19 shots. A couple of scientists have said that the worse time to give people vaccines is in the midst of an outbreak of the disease. So, there may be a failing of public health policy to be pushing these shots right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      A couple of scientists have said that the worse time to give people vaccines is in the midst of an outbreak of the disease.
      That's probably the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Comment

Perhaps not. Vaccinating in the midst of an outbreak could lead to an increase in mutations and resistant strains of the disease, since you're putting a selection pressure on the (in this case) virus.

We've already moved from 'get vaccinated so you don't get Covid, and so you don't spread it to other people' to vaccinated people may be at risk of breakthrough infections (and could even be more likely to become asymptiomatic spreaders.)

I wasn't very convinced that we (the world) were adopting the right approach to this pandemic from very early on, and I'm even less convinced now.
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          Perhaps not. Vaccinating in the midst of an outbreak could lead to an increase in mutations and resistant strains of the disease, since you're putting a selection pressure on the (in this case) virus.
          Right. Somewhere in one of these threads I posed interviews with Dr. Byram Bridle. He made that point in regard to the way the vaxes were being rolled out, and the way the particular vaxes work (i.e. they don't really get the body to "kill" the virus).
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Right. Somewhere in one of these threads I posed interviews with Dr. Byram Bridle. He made that point in regard to the way the vaxes were being rolled out, and the way the particular vaxes work (i.e. they don't really get the body to "kill" the virus).
            It is concerning how quickly vaccines was jumped on as the solution. I remember very early on there was talk about how we had never been able to develop a successful vaccine for this kind of virus. And there are risks with non-sterilizing vaccines (not sure if that's the correct terminology), plus things like ADE as well. That's aside from concerns about side effects and the possibility of the spike protein by itself being toxic. I'm not able to evaluate the level of these risk factors - not sure too many are at all.

And now it's all become so politicised that any dissenting voices are quashed. I think there's probably also a kind of sunk cost fallacy at play as well with the continuing push for vaccinations at any price. Talking about vaccinating kids - when we now know being vaccinated doesn't prevent infection or transmission, and may have who knows what long-term effects on our immune systems. When kids are the least at risk group by far. We're risking their futures for the potential saving of a few years of life of much older people. Thanks, Boomers.
            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              I believe that the communicability of the Delta variant is based solely on computer modeling.
              Computer modelling huh? That's interesting. The accuracy of these models all depends all the variables that are input into the simulations. I've never really thought about how they are predicting all this. Honestly, I haven't paid much attention to the whole covid pandemic in general, but this is quite interesting.

Comment

We've already moved from 'get vaccinated so you don't get Covid, and so you don't spread it to other people' to vaccinated people may be at risk of breakthrough infections (and could even be more likely to become asymptiomatic spreaders.)

I wasn't very convinced that we (the world) were adopting the right approach to this pandemic from very early on, and I'm even less convinced now.
                Well obviously the best time to vaccinate is before you have an outbreak, but the way he said it, makes it sound like vaccinating during an outbreak is a bad thing. It isn't. It's pretty much the best way of stopping an outbreak once it has started.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Well obviously the best time to vaccinate is before you have an outbreak, but the way he said it, makes it sound like vaccinating during an outbreak is a bad thing. It isn't. It's pretty much the best way of stopping an outbreak once it has started.
                  In this post over in the Microchip thread, I have a couple of interviews with Dr. Bridle, who has concerns about the way the vaxes work and are being rolled out.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Yes, we're putting selection pressure on the virus to develop ways to evade the vaccine.

But a vaccine that only works until the virus can evade the vaccine is better than no vaccine at all.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                      In this post over in the Microchip thread, I have a couple of interviews with Dr. Bridle, who has concerns about the way the vaxes work and are being rolled out.
                      Dr. Bridle thinks that the variants are being caused by vaccinations, but all of the major variants of concern were discovered before the vaccines were approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Dr. Bridle thinks that the variants are being caused by vaccinations, but all of the major variants of concern were discovered before the vaccines were approved.
                        And they are still not approved.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          And they are still not approved.
                          Okay, authorized.

The point is, the vaccines have not caused the variants.

Comment

Okay, authorized.

The point is, the vaccines have not caused the variants.
                            I don't know enough to argue that point, but it would seem to make sense that the "authorized" vaccines are not causing the variants.

Comment

I don't think that's accurate. I don't think he believes the variants were or are "caused" by the vaccines. I think it's fairly rudimentary knowledge even to laypeople that viri mutate, even in the absence of vaccines. I think his point is that the vaxes target the initial version, and *hasten*, not *cause*, development of variants, particularly of variants adapted to evade the vax.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X