Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Kombucha - Day 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kombucha - Day 6

OK, so I've been seeing a lot of press about kombucha - basically, a fermented tea that supposedly has all kinds of health benefits.

I'm overweight, and not quite as healthy as I'd like to be, so checking out this kombucha, I see it's included at part of various diet and nutrition plans that cost lots of money.

I'm not paying ANYBODY to help me lose weight, so I thought I'd replace a cup of coffee or a glass of tea every day with a bottle of kombucha.

So far, it might be working.
    I'm less tempted to do snacky stuff.
    My "regular guy" routine is more regular (potty breaks)
    I've lost 7 libs in the first week (It's not unusual for me to lose that first 5-10 lbs when I try, but then it gets harder from there)

So - anybody else tried kombucha for a long enough period of time to testify to its good effects, or would you say it's just another fad?

I can't say I "like" it - like I enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of tea - so I think of it more as medicine, and pretty much have to force myself to drink it.

Just putting my thoughts down and we'll see where this goes.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

found this:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...s#side-effects

I am usually suspect of any fads. Especially ones that promise to change your life if you just eat/drink this one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      OK, so I've been seeing a lot of press about kombucha - basically, a fermented tea that supposedly has all kinds of health benefits.

I'm overweight, and not quite as healthy as I'd like to be, so checking out this kombucha, I see it's included at part of various diet and nutrition plans that cost lots of money.

I'm not paying ANYBODY to help me lose weight, so I thought I'd replace a cup of coffee or a glass of tea every day with a bottle of kombucha.

So far, it might be working.
      I'm less tempted to do snacky stuff.
      My "regular guy" routine is more regular (potty breaks)
      I've lost 7 libs in the first week (It's not unusual for me to lose that first 5-10 lbs when I try, but then it gets harder from there)

So - anybody else tried kombucha for a long enough period of time to testify to its good effects, or would you say it's just another fad?

I can't say I "like" it - like I enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of tea - so I think of it more as medicine, and pretty much have to force myself to drink it.

Just putting my thoughts down and we'll see where this goes.
      Do you have any ideas where you put those 7 libs you lost?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        found this:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...s#side-effects

I am usually suspect of any fads. Especially ones that promise to change your life if you just eat/drink this one thing.
        Yup, checked all that out, and am only doing one drink in the morning --- I had done two for a couple days, and yes - stomach cramps and bloating.

One seems to do the trick.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Do you have any ideas where you put those 7 libs you lost?
          In the pound bank, ready to be refunded at any moment without warning.

Comment

In the pound bank, ready to be refunded at any moment without warning.
            What can you refund a lib for?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              What can you refund a lib for?
              AH, gotcha -- an "i" slipped in there. Same thing happens when I try to type sn.

Comment

AH, gotcha -- an "i" slipped in there. Same thing happens when I try to type sn.

Comment

Wasn't there a song by that title?

Kombucha my Lord, kombucha...

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X