Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

"Long CoViD"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Long CoViD"

Interesting, creepy, and discouraging. About 28 minute video.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

generally helps to give a summary of a long video instead of just a link.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      generally helps to give a summary of a long video instead of just a link.
      Sorry. It covers several things. Main focus is on the cases of CoViD having long-term effects in certain people, or of people apparently recovering, only to have serious effects recur months later and persist. Also addresses possibly-permanent auto-immune issues that can result from CoViD. Also addresses the fact that CoViD is unexpectedly able to enter and affect the brain; I did not hear a specific mention of the obvious fact that the damage it does there would seem to be irreversible. Toward the end also addresses several immunity markers that can apparently predict with 90+ percent accuracy who is at risk for "severe" CoViD.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Sorry. It covers several things. Main focus is on the cases of CoViD having long-term effects in certain people, or of people apparently recovering, only to have serious effects recur months later and persist. Also addresses possibly-permanent auto-immune issues that can result from CoViD. Also addresses the fact that CoViD is unexpectedly able to enter and affect the brain; I did not hear a specific mention of the obvious fact that the damage it does there would seem to be irreversible. Toward the end also addresses several immunity markers that can apparently predict with 90+ percent accuracy who is at risk for "severe" CoViD.
        I really don't want to watch a half hour video. What markers does it list?

Comment

I really don't want to watch a half hour video. What markers does it list?
          Starts around the 19-minute mark, continues to a bit past 23:30

CCL17 -- Low = bad

-------------------

IFN-lambda 3

IL-6

IP-10

CXCL9

All "jump" several days before onset of severe symptoms

The IFN-lambda 3 spikes, then craters, then symptoms quickly worsen.

The IFN-lambda 3 spike precedes and presumably somehow causes the jump in IL-6, IP-10, and CXCL9

-------------------

CCL17 measurement is 93% accurate in predicting severely worsening disease.

Measurement of other four is 90% accurate.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Starts around the 19-minute mark, continues to a bit past 23:30

CCL17 -- Low = bad

-------------------

IFN-lambda 3

IL-6

IP-10

CXCL9

All "jump" several days before onset of severe symptoms

The IFN-lambda 3 spikes, then craters, then symptoms quickly worsen.

The IFN-lambda 3 spike precedes and presumably somehow causes the jump in IL-6, IP-10, and CXCL9

-------------------

CCL17 measurement is 93% accurate in predicting severely worsening disease.

Measurement of other four is 90% accurate.
            Not really sure what all those are, but from what I have googled, those are the things that would cause a strong immune response (like the cytokine storm) so calling them "predictors" seems to be a misnomer. They seem to be triggers. I thought you were going to list things that you can check in someone who doesn't have COVID to see how they would react if they did catch it. Like my brother has many of the risk factors for death by COVID: age, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, etc, but he breezed through it like it was a cold. If there were some way to predict that he wouldn't have a severe case beforehand, that would have been nice.

Comment

Not really sure what all those are, but from what I have googled, those are the things that would cause a strong immune response (like the cytokine storm) so calling them "predictors" seems to be a misnomer. They seem to be triggers. I thought you were going to list things that you can check in someone who doesn't have COVID to see how they would react if they did catch it. Like my brother has many of the risk factors for death by COVID: age, obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, etc, but he breezed through it like it was a cold. If there were some way to predict that he wouldn't have a severe case beforehand, that would have been nice.
              Yeah, that would be great. There are things like blood type that seem to have some association with severity. I wish they would follow up more on that sort of thing, and clarify and publish it.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X