Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Covid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe not population, but peer group. Or sphere of influence. The 50 % vaccination rate is probably evenly distributed throughout my state.

Comment

Just a quick question, but I think we would all agree that the pandemic has been hyped. To what degree I think would vary from reality map to reality map.

I wonder though, if the hype were to be removed completely from the equation, would it still be a pandemic? Or would it look like a typical flu season?

I will venture to say that the politicized narrative and the hype has had tremendous influence on our maps of reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
        I wonder though, if the hype were to be removed completely from the equation, would it still be a pandemic?
        Yes. In the UK alone, we have had 120k dead, despite two very strict lockdowns and enormous upscaling of our NHS provision for respiratory illness. We count covid deaths from (a) deaths within 28 days of a positive test, (b) deaths where a physician, under a legal obligation for accuracy and without any incentive to lie, marks covid as the or a cause of death; and (c) the number of excess deaths over and above what would be expected for that time period. They all come in at around the same figure of 120,000. And this doesn't reflect the many, many thousands more who were ill at home, or needed hospital care but survived.

Or would it look like a typical flu season?.
        No. In nearly 20 years of medical training and practice, I've never seen a flu season like this. Every senior medic I spoke to said they had also never seen anything like what we experienced last spring. We do get flu seasons, but never wave after relentless wave of terribly sick people, enormous oxygen requirements, ICUs full despite being quadrupled in size, and patients often going from "pretty good" to dead within a few hours.
        ...because every forum needs a Jimbo

Comment

The average person does not have time to do extensive research, and they base their map on what they see and then take cues from other minds who verify and confirm what they are seeing.
          Doubting Thomas based his "map" on what he saw (dead folk don't rise, and Jesus isn't standing in front of me). If he took this approach, he'd have gone and chatted to the Sanhedrin to help make his mind up. Instead, he should have listened to the testimony of those he already knew were reliable - if he'd done that, maybe he wouldn't have looked quite so foolish when the Lord came a'calling...

I live in such a self verifying population.
          You are describing an echo chamber. Many here quite rightly criticise liberals who have pre-conceived ideas and reinforce them by only listening to left-leaning media outlets, rather than seeking out other opinions for consideration. Please don't make the same mistake.

Comment

Well I definitely want to avoid any mistakes. Thanks! I'll look into it more. I don't see how 120K dying is not convincing the rest of the population though. What is the vaccination rate there in the UK? Is there a population that is refusing the vaccine?

Comment

I don't see how 120K dying is not convincing the rest of the population though.
              Skepticism of the scale of the pandemic seems rarer here than in the US. There are a few dissenting voices, using a variety of odd rationalisations - basically, if mikewhitney has said it on these boards, I've heard it in the UK. The mixture of not having DIRECT experience of the disease (much like what you've described yourself), plus the damaging effects of lockdowns, incompetent / inconsistent government and general gullibility for Youtube / FB / whatsapp misinformation, is a powerful recipe.

What is the vaccination rate there in the UK? Is there a population that is refusing the vaccine?
              Can't give you numbers off hand, but uptake is generally pretty good. There are vaccine skeptics / hesitant folk, but I don think they are very much a minority. It seems that some ethnic minority groups are more prone to avoid the vaccine, including black communities with historic distrust of white government or health research. Sadly, this also includes those of african descent who often attend pentecostal churches which sometimes preach antivax messages (e.g. a vaccine or vaccine passport is Revelation's mark of the beast).

Comment

Looks like Duke University in NC has developed a new vaccine that may be entering the market.

Religious folks are usually against the vaccine because of the origins of some of the ingredients can be traced back to a human fetus.

Comment

Looks like Duke University in NC has developed a new vaccine that may be entering the market.

Religious folks are usually against the vaccine because of the origins of some of the ingredients can be traced back to a human fetus.
                  I suggest this video which features a medical doctor who successfully treated patients with covid-19 early last year.

Most of the covid-19 scare is misinformation by the CDC and media.

LIVE FROM ‘THE UNCENSORED TRUTH TOUR’ https://media.livecast365.com/highwi...1304270301.mp4

There never was a need (or legal basis) for an experimental vaccine technology to be approved for emergency use.

I agree with your observations that there was no indication of some pandemic-level outbreak of anything. A lot of the deaths were caused by malpractice of hospitals. Anyhow, if this is helpful, great! If you are not made curious by the evidence, join the majority of people here in their skepticism.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    I agree with your observations that there was no indication of some pandemic-level outbreak of anything. A lot of the deaths were caused by malpractice of hospitals.
                    Speaking as a medical doctor with degrees in immunology who has personally cared for hundreds of Covid patients, who has seen the wave upon wave of horrifically ill people with this illness, who has done a heck of a lot more PCR than you ever have, who has kept in touch with many other doctors across the planet in the same situation, who has been pysically and psychologically pummelled by trying toprovide good healthcare over the last 14 months... It really is astounding how reprehensible these comments are. Really, really, disgustingly awful. You are a disgrace. I'd say more but the language I want to use would break TWeb rules. I've lost patience - consider yourself blocked.

Machinist, I'm happy to carry on the discussion if there's things you'd like to ask.

Comment

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-c...ut-and-access/

Another useful map.

I wonder why this map does not have data for places like China?

And Mongolia is 50% vaccinated while surrounding countries haven't even begun. I wonder what explains this strange rollout?

Comment

Originally posted by JimboJSR View Post
                        Speaking as a medical doctor with degrees in immunology who has personally cared for hundreds of Covid patients, who has seen the wave upon wave of horrifically ill people with this illness, who has done a heck of a lot more PCR than you ever have, who has kept in touch with many other doctors across the planet in the same situation, who has been pysically and psychologically pummelled by trying toprovide good healthcare over the last 14 months... It really is astounding how reprehensible these comments are. Really, really, disgustingly awful. You are a disgrace. I'd say more but the language I want to use would break TWeb rules. I've lost patience - consider yourself blocked.

Machinist, I'm happy to carry on the discussion if there's things you'd like to ask.
                        What is a common treatment you have used for patients? If you have useful information to share, I'm up for that. It is possible you are seeing sickness uncommon in other areas that is reaching slightly above a bad flu season. You have to prove yourself better than just trying to shame someone who is doing research on this covid stuff.

Are you recommending people take a covid shot based on new experimental technology despite the neurological problems, blood clots, odd periods, and substantial deaths? The vaccine for the supposed pandemic in 1976 was pulled for have less than 50 deaths. We are seeing over 7700 in the EU and over 5000 in the US. This is the price we pay to protect people -- including those under 50 years who are more likely to die with the covid shot than with covid.

Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-18-2021, 04:54 PM.

Comment

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-c...ut-and-access/I wonder why this map does not have data for places like China?
                          Perhaps because Reuters don't cant get data from China, or they think that data provided by the Chinese government isn't reliable. Either are very possible. Then agai, they don't seem to have data for Australia either.

And Mongolia is 50% vaccinated while surrounding countries haven't even begun. I wonder what explains this strange rollout?
                          The lag in surrounding countries might well be because they simply aren't under such pressure to vaccinate so quickly. Japan, S Korea and New Zealand have far less covid than most western countries, because they had seen first-hand the effects of SARS-CoV1 and took the evolving pandemic very seriously very early. They have been able to maintain viral suppression whilst still maintaining good social and economic function - so there is not such an urgency for vaccination, in contrast to the UK and USA.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

What is a common treatment you have used for patients? If you have useful information to share, I'm up for that. It is possible you are seeing sickness uncommon in other areas that is reaching slightly above a bad flu season. You have to prove yourself better than just trying to shame someone who is doing research on this covid stuff.

Are you recommending people take a covid shot based on new experimental technology despite the neurological problems, blood clots, odd periods, and substantial deaths? The vaccine for the supposed pandemic in 1976 was pulled for have less than 50 deaths. We are seeing over 7700 in the EU and over 5000 in the US. This is the price we pay to protect people -- including those under 50 years who are more likely to die with the covid shot than with covid.

Jimbo hasn't said much about the vaccine, but rather told of the chaos going on at the hospital where he works.

That is his reality. I think mine and your reality are closer to being the same. That is, not much is going on around us in terms of a pandemic. So we're more likely to view the data from the other side of the world with more skepticism than most.

The only news I have heard about what's going on in hospitals in the UK is from Jimbo.

Where i'm at now, all is quiet and apparently the virus hasn't affected this area with much more ferocity than the common cold. I can't explain it, but that's the reality here.

I do agree with you regarding the vaccine, that there have been many really bad side effects. Unless I uncover some solid data about it, I have no intention of taking it.

Stoic provided me with what seemed like worthwhile information, but I only have a small window of time in the morning to read it while i'm amped up on coffee.

If I was going to take a vaccine however, I think I would wait and see what this Duke vaccine can do. Apparently, it's a one shot for all covid virus' as well as their variants.

Comment

Jimbo hasn't said much about the vaccine, but rather told of the chaos going on at the hospital where he works.

That is his reality. I think mine and your reality are closer to being the same. That is, not much is going on around us in terms of a pandemic. So we're more likely to view the data from the other side of the world with more skepticism than most.

The only news I have heard about what's going on in hospitals in the UK is from Jimbo.

Where i'm at now, all is quiet and apparently the virus hasn't affected this area with much more ferocity than the common cold. I can't explain it, but that's the reality here.

I do agree with you regarding the vaccine, that there have been many really bad side effects. Unless I uncover some solid data about it, I have no intention of taking it.

Stoic provided me with what seemed like worthwhile information, but I only have a small window of time in the morning to read it while i'm amped up on coffee.

If I was going to take a vaccine however, I think I would wait and see what this Duke vaccine can do. Apparently, it's a one shot for all covid virus' as well as their variants.
                              Just curious. How many people do you know who have had bad side effects from a covid vaccine?

Comment

The checklist and terms for the covid shot are available for the CT dispensing of the experimental shots. https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/Depart...v20_021121.pdf

They want people to agree to terms opposite of what I would agree to:
                                I am requesting that the immunization(s) be given to me or my Ward. I, for myself and on behalfof my Ward and each of our respective heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns, hereby release the provisioning mass vaccination center, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, directors, contractors, agents and employees (collectively “Released Parties”), from any and all claims arising out of, in connection with or in anyway related to my receipt and the receipt of my Ward of this or these immunization(s). Neither the provisioningmass vaccination center nor any of the Released Parties shall, at any time or to any extent whatsoever, be liable, responsibleor any way accountable for any loss, injury, death or damage suffered or sustained by any person at any time inconnection with or as a result of this vaccine program or the administration of the vaccines described above. T
                                I would expect them to be liable for bad effects of the covid shots and for any malpractice on their part.

Also, I may have missed it. However they should state that the covid shots only have emergency authorization and have not been approved by normal standards of the FDA.

Attached Files

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X