Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Covid question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid question

The church I go to has about 150 people every Sunday and no one has died from the Covid. We've been meeting every Sunday since Covid began back in early 2020. No one wears a mask either, yet everyone stands in a plume of bio-aerosols every Sunday talking, singing and mingling.

How is it statistically possible that people are not being infected?

Personally, this is my only microcosm of the larger world around me, the only lens I have available to see through. Of course, I cannot accept what I hear on the news, and I don't know anyone personally who has been affected. What I have seen with my own eyes has not matched the narrative reported on the news. If the media did not talk about it, I would have never known a pandemic existed.

The only other place I go to is the grocery store, and about 50% has wore masks. Also I frequent a couple of taprooms in the area where I meet with friends over beer and conversation. Again, I have not seen a pandemic.

The vaccine seems to be closing in a little too close for comfort. I don't feel comfortable taking a vaccine for a pandemic that I haven't seen with my own eyes.

Back in Spring of 2020 when the mask mandates began, it paralleled news that the virus could potentially spread via "bio-aerosols", that is, just from aerosols emitted simply from talking and breathing. The first study that the media talked about was one from The University of Florida which I downloaded and read several times. But it never seemed to conclude that the virus was spread this way.

Entirely anecdotal, I know, but the only people in our church who have contracted Covid had incredibly mild cases -- including me.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe, just maybe, we've all been fed a large amount of falsehood regarding the virus. Maybe numbers are being falsified. Maybe the governments and the media thrive on keeping their populaces in a constant state of fear in order to better control them.

Maybe the science isn't as settled as we are all told it is.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yes, there have been people in my family as well as the church who have tested positive but they have all ranged from no symptoms at all to mild flu like symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Maybe, just maybe, we've all been fed a large amount of falsehood regarding the virus. Maybe numbers are being falsified. Maybe the governments and the media thrive on keeping their populaces in a constant state of fear in order to better control them.

If anything is being skewed I would suspect the accuracy of the tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post

If anything is being skewed I would suspect the accuracy of the tests.
            Maybe the accuracy of the tests is faulty. There is evidence to show that the death numbers are not accurate.

There are a lot of things that come into play that we the plebes will never know for sure.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Several possibilities:
              1) No exposure
              2) All infections have been asymptomatic
              3) Some source of immunity
              4) You're all annoying outliers

FYI - One and two are the most likely
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Machinist View Post
                The church I go to has about 150 people every Sunday and no one has died from the Covid. We've been meeting every Sunday since Covid began back in early 2020. No one wears a mask either, yet everyone stands in a plume of bio-aerosols every Sunday talking, singing and mingling.

How is it statistically possible that people are not being infected?
                Some are being infected, as you said in your second post.

None have died, but that is to be expected in a group of 150 people when fewer than 1 in 500 have died in the US. Of course, some areas have been hit harder than others, so you odds could be even better if you are in an area that hasn't been hit very hard, as seems likely.

Personally, this is my only microcosm of the larger world around me, the only lens I have available to see through. Of course, I cannot accept what I hear on the news, and I don't know anyone personally who has been affected. What I have seen with my own eyes has not matched the narrative reported on the news. If the media did not talk about it, I would have never known a pandemic existed.

The only other place I go to is the grocery store, and about 50% has wore masks. Also I frequent a couple of taprooms in the area where I meet with friends over beer and conversation. Again, I have not seen a pandemic.

The vaccine seems to be closing in a little too close for comfort. I don't feel comfortable taking a vaccine for a pandemic that I haven't seen with my own eyes.
                Even in areas that have been hit really hard, the only indication outside of a hospital is the number of ambulance sirens you hear.

Back in Spring of 2020 when the mask mandates began, it paralleled news that the virus could potentially spread via "bio-aerosols", that is, just from aerosols emitted simply from talking and breathing. The first study that the media talked about was one from The University of Florida which I downloaded and read several times. But it never seemed to conclude that the virus was spread this way.
                It's pretty clear that the virus CAN be spread by aerosols. What isn't really clear is just how likely this is to happen. There have been cases where people who should have been pretty safe got infected, and other cases where people who should have been at high risk didn't get infected. It makes sense to protect yourself as best you can.

Comment

I can appreciate that. This is the only map of reality I have. Only what I see. Information I glean off the news is filtered and parsed through what I see. Only what corroborates with that which I perceive though my senses (at least with questions and doubts concerning Covid), is what I incorporate into my map. Back in August 2020, a NY Time article was published entitled "Smoking Gun...coronavirus retrieved from hospital air". In this article, a study is cited. The news media there for a while spoke of this study as the basis of their reality interpretations. I downloaded this study and read it about 15 times. It never concluded that the corona virus spread through areosols. It attempted to, and the researchers set up some extremely complicated equipment and executed rigorous protocol in their search for a corona virus. It never concluded anything though. It was a very lengthy document filled with a lot of scientific speech and symbols. Alot of I understood though, and I slowly comprehended much of what it was saying. There was one statement at the end even, that said something like " in order for this study to be conclusive and repeatable, more experimentation is necessary (that was my paraphrase)

This aligns with what I see in the world about me. Increasingly I am seeing news articles talking about the "vaccine hesitant". One was entitled " it's time to start shunning the vaccine hesitant". I am growing uncomfortable with this. If I did not hear the news, I would never have even known a pandemic existed. Yet a certain interpretation of reality, one which I do not see, is moving near me and is strongly suggesting that I need to comply with this interpretation. In effect, it is telling me not to trust what I see, which is, what I feel to be, the most reliable and trustworthy filter I have. If you don't see it, you don't see it. The news media keeps repeating to me to see it their way, but their way is diametrical to mine.
                  Does anyone realize, can anyone step inside my mind for a second, inside my world, and take a look around through my my eyes, through my lens and see what I am saying and see what I am seeing? I do not see a pandemic .I do not feel comfortable taking a vaccine for an invisible zeitgeist. It seems very phantom like to me, a memeplex, something powerfully viral. Where is this thing? It's certainly not here. I keep hearing that it's here. But I look around and i'm thinking "where is this thing"?

Numerous articles these days are entitled " how to talk with the vaccine hesitant"...

How to talk with the vaccine hesitant?

They need to step up their game here. I mean a whole lot! If they want to persuade the vaccine hesitant, they need to work on showing where this pandemic is exactly. That should be the very first thing they do. Now I don't know what that would look like. Maybe give out incentives to vaccine hesitant folks to fly them to areas where the pandemic is going on and them take them on field trips to hospitals where people are dying and them show them all the scientific charts that prove that what they are seeing is actually a Covid related case? (obviously that was a little satirical because it's not even remotely practical)...but you get what i'm saying right?

Comment

On the other hand, my wife worked at a local hospital with COVID patients for a couple months (and got COVID as a result). She saw an apparently fit middle-aged guy decline from handling COVID fine to dead. I know a couple older people who died from it, and others who got pretty sick before recovering, including a whole extended family who went on vacation together last summer.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

On the other hand, my wife worked at a local hospital with COVID patients for a couple months (and got COVID as a result). She saw an apparently fit middle-aged guy decline from handling COVID fine to dead. I know a couple older people who died from it, and others who got pretty sick before recovering, including a whole extended family who went on vacation together last summer.
                      I know that many people have died. No denying it.

But I also know of reports, including one such from CP's daughter who works in hospice, that some hospitals are calling deaths covid deaths when they are not. And we know of one man who died in an auto accident and the insurance company wanted it named a covid death so they wouldn't have to pay a double indemnity.

The numbers are being padded.

Comment

I know that many people have died. No denying it.

But I also know of reports, including one such from CP's daughter who works in hospice, that some hospitals are calling deaths covid deaths when they are not. And we know of one man who died in an auto accident and the insurance company wanted it named a covid death so they wouldn't have to pay a double indemnity.

And those "refrigerator trucks lined up in the parking lots" of Houston hospitals --- a steaming load of poo.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If the numbers were being padded, would excess deaths be greater or smaller than the covid death count?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Early on, it hit me pretty hard that a fellow Pastor about 5 years younger than me got Covid -- and supposedly all is well, then I'm finding out he died.

Comment

seems no rhyme or reason to who gets hit hard and who skates by. A woman where I work is in her 60s, but very physically fit and rides her bike to work and participates in bike marathons. She got really sick with COVID and was laid up for weeks and had lingering effects after that. My brother 59, who is overweight, pre-diabetic, drinks beer and has had a triple artery bypass a couple of years ago and has other health problems, got COVID and said it felt like a cold and he was up and running around a week later.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X