Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

If you're healthy or a kid -- UNMASK!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're healthy or a kid -- UNMASK!!!

That's the bottom line of this recent article by Dr. Paul Alexander et al.

Especially gad for kids.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Especially gad for kids.
    Why stop having masks on kids? What harm could it do?
    l96DmZv.jpg

Comment

If you're healthy or a kid -- UNMASK!!!

Especially gad for kids.
      No Infants or Juniors in the UK need to wear masks.

But healthy people can soon become very unhealthy if they catch Covid and are the unfortunate ones, and healthy folks can transmit Covid.
      So our kids don't wear masks, but we do.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

No Infants or Juniors in the UK need to wear masks.

But healthy people can soon become very unhealthy if they catch Covid and are the unfortunate ones, and healthy folks can transmit Covid.
        So our kids don't wear masks, but we do.
        Interesting.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Especially gad for kids.
          Consider the source.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Consider the source.
            I'm aware of the fact that Duh Orthodoxy deplores him.

As a starting point, assume that anyone I cite will be unconventional.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Interesting.
              The differences in lay and professional opinions about masks vary so greatly.

Although I've seen photos of Brits not wearing masks, I can tell you that since March last year I have not seen a single person in any shop, service centre, hospital or on any public transport who was not wearing a mask, and I haven't seen any confrontations over masks at all. And yet I read some Americans insisting that they would refuse to wear a mask in most of those situations, and prepared to make an issue about it if pressed.

One rule I do bend is the 'lone shoppers only' rule. On Wednesday mornings my wife and I go out to get in the weekly shopping, and once out of the vehicle I walk straight to the entrance doors while wifey gets a trolley. I walk in alone and get a basket which I fill up with various items and then I go to the section which my wife has reached and put everything in her trolley, then off again for more items. But we always go to the tills together without challenge. Where couples approach a store together a 'greeter' on the door usually asks one of the couple to stay outside to reduce numbers in store. I don't expect that you've heard of that rule.

Comment

I'm aware of the fact that Duh Orthodoxy deplores him.

As a starting point, assume that anyone I cite will be unconventional.
                And I will give them all due consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

The differences in lay and professional opinions about masks vary so greatly.
                  Over here, there's also a difference between the "approved" professionals and the "deplored" professionals.

Although I've seen photos of Brits not wearing masks, I can tell you that since March last year I have not seen a single person in any shop, service centre, hospital or on any public transport who was not wearing a mask, and I haven't seen any confrontations over masks at all. And yet I read some Americans insisting that they would refuse to wear a mask in most of those situations, and prepared to make an issue about it if pressed.
                  Here in western PA, especially in my small town, masking in business places is almost universal. I've noticed that it's a lot less strict in some automotive service shops. I've never seen any confrontations or even dirty looks when an occasional person does not mask.

Most people hereabouts don't mask while walking, running, or biking outdoors, or when in their cars. But a surprising number do. Silly.

One rule I do bend is the 'lone shoppers only' rule. On Wednesday mornings my wife and I go out to get in the weekly shopping, and once out of the vehicle I walk straight to the entrance doors while wifey gets a trolley. I walk in alone and get a basket which I fill up with various items and then I go to the section which my wife has reached and put everything in her trolley, then off again for more items. But we always go to the tills together without challenge. Where couples approach a store together a 'greeter' on the door usually asks one of the couple to stay outside to reduce numbers in store. I don't expect that you've heard of that rule.
                  Oh yeah, we've had that. I think it was very briefly enforced at some of the local grocery stores. I know it was, and for all I know still is, the policy at WalMart. (There is no "local" WalMart. Nearest ones are about 10 miles away.) The biggest local grocery store has abandoned most of the "distancing" requirements -- enter by one door, leave by the other; one-way aisles; remain six feet apart in aisles. Only one still in place is the six-feet rule when standing in line at checkouts or pharmacy counter. The "one-way aisles" and "six feet apart in aisles" rules were frequently ignored anyway.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Over here, there's also a difference between the "approved" professionals and the "deplored" professionals.
                    Same as here.......

Here in western PA, especially in my small town, masking in business places is almost universal. I've noticed that it's a lot less strict in some automotive service shops. I've never seen any confrontations or even dirty looks when an occasional person does not mask.

Most people hereabouts don't mask while walking, running, or biking outdoors, or when in their cars. But a surprising number do. Silly.
                    Much the same as here, although masks are worn when within any buildings.
                    I do wear a mask when cycling, it just keeps the freezing air from touching me, and then I don't need to change masks over before going in shops etc.

Oh yeah, we've had that. I think it was very briefly enforced at some of the local grocery stores. I know it was, and for all I know still is, the policy at WalMart. (There is no "local" WalMart. Nearest ones are about 10 miles away.) The biggest local grocery store has abandoned most of the "distancing" requirements -- enter by one door, leave by the other; one-way aisles; remain six feet apart in aisles. Only one still in place is the six-feet rule when standing in line at checkouts or pharmacy counter. The "one-way aisles" and "six feet apart in aisles" rules were frequently ignored anyway.
                    That is similar to retail guidelines here. In and Out doors, Six foot rule at checkouts. Checkout screens. One way aisles... About the same.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X