Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

New COVID theraputic pill is promising.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New COVID theraputic pill is promising.

COVID-19 pill effective in preliminary testing may be 'holy grail' of pandemic, Dr. Marc Siegel says

Dr. Siegel predicts the at-home therapeutic could come to market in four to five months

A new possible medication to treat coronavirus-positive patients could be enough to turn the pandemic on its head, Fox News medical contributor Dr. Marc Siegel revealed Sunday on "Fox & Friends Weekend."

First-stage testing of the experimental COVID-19 pill called Molnupiravir, by Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, showed promising signs of effectiveness in reducing the virus in patients.

"It may be the holy grail on this because it was just studied in phase two trials and it literally stopped the virus in its tracks," he explained. "And there wasn't any virus found in the patients that were studied."

The drug would function as an at-home, five-day treatment, similar to Tamiflu, to stop the virus from reproducing before causing major damage. Siegel said the therapeutic could come to market in as little as four to five months.
    https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid...dr-marc-siegel

https://www.foxnews.com/health/covid...dr-marc-siegel

What's next? A cure for the common cold? Cancer, maybe?

I am not sure I buy that there is a cure so quickly.

Hopefully it is, but......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      What's next? A cure for the common cold? Cancer, maybe?

I am not sure I buy that there is a cure so quickly.

Hopefully it is, but......
      Since Trump is not around, the MSM will tout this as a miracle cure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Since Trump is not around, the MSM will tout this as a miracle cure.
        And drug companies will rake in more dough.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X