Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Looming Vaccine problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

some of the states are saying they have a surplus and are basically begging people to get the vaccine before it spoils.
    Well, they can send it up our way all they want. Apparently, we've got a shortage and there's a lot of people still waiting for their second poke. Then there's the younger shlubs like me who're still waiting for the next few months to even get a chance at getting a poke (not gonna lie, I think I'll wait a bit to see if any long-term side effects start to kick in)
    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

Well, they can send it up our way all they want. Apparently, we've got a shortage and there's a lot of people still waiting for their second poke. Then there's the younger shlubs like me who're still waiting for the next few months to even get a chance at getting a poke (not gonna lie, I think I'll wait a bit to see if any long-term side effects start to kick in)
      Not to mention that the AstraZeneca is safe (again, maybe), but India, from where Canada gets theirs, has banned all exports of that one right now. So we have 40-and-up lining up for that one and there won't be enough.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Not to mention that the AstraZeneca is safe (again, maybe), but India, from where Canada gets theirs, has banned all exports of that one right now. So we have 40-and-up lining up for that one and there won't be enough.

... Yeah, with my family history- maternal and paternal- of Heart and Stroke problems, I'm not taking my chances on that one. I'll wait till another one becomes available for the 30-something peons like myself.
        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

... Yeah, with my family history- maternal and paternal- of Heart and Stroke problems, I'm not taking my chances on that one. I'll wait till another one becomes available for the 30-something peons like myself.
          When our pharmacy starting offering the vaccine last week we refused to take it if was not Moderna or Pfizer. They are giving the Moderna.

I don't think I would take the J & J one, either.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            So one of the things Biden has done is just released all of the vaccine at once, not holding any back.

Anyone else wondering if this is going to lead to a shortage of getting the second shot?

Every age group they open up contains more and more people, meaning needing more and more doses. If they use everything they have now, what happens when it's time for a second shot and they have given all of the doses as first shots?

I have noticed a talking point going around saying "even if you only get one shot it provides some protection against the virus" - which seems to me like they are trying to get that idea out there in preparation of having a shortage coming up.

Seems like poor planning on the part of Biden.

Anyone know if the groups giving the shots are managing the stock for a second dose or not?
            So I guess this is where I admit I got it completely wrong above. Not only did we not run out of vaccine for the second shot, we actually have a surplus in many places. I will give Biden props for not screwing this up.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X