Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Looming Vaccine problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looming Vaccine problem?

So one of the things Biden has done is just released all of the vaccine at once, not holding any back.

Anyone else wondering if this is going to lead to a shortage of getting the second shot?

Every age group they open up contains more and more people, meaning needing more and more doses. If they use everything they have now, what happens when it's time for a second shot and they have given all of the doses as first shots?

I have noticed a talking point going around saying "even if you only get one shot it provides some protection against the virus" - which seems to me like they are trying to get that idea out there in preparation of having a shortage coming up.

Seems like poor planning on the part of Biden.

Anyone know if the groups giving the shots are managing the stock for a second dose or not?

Our faith based operation is involved in the distribution, operating a SubHub, where we're vaccinating 2,400 people a day.
    There are plans to do the followup, but there's no real "but we need to save X number of vials" for that....

I think they're assuming that the doses will be available.

Personally, I'm not taking part in this, as I'm still on the fence about receiving or promoting the vaccine. Having had Covid, I still have 3 months to think about it.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      So one of the things Biden has done is just released all of the vaccine at once, not holding any back.

Anyone else wondering if this is going to lead to a shortage of getting the second shot?

Every age group they open up contains more and more people, meaning needing more and more doses. If they use everything they have now, what happens when it's time for a second shot and they have given all of the doses as first shots?

I have noticed a talking point going around saying "even if you only get one shot it provides some protection against the virus" - which seems to me like they are trying to get that idea out there in preparation of having a shortage coming up.

Anyone know if the groups giving the shots are managing the stock for a second dose or not?
      The other day Biden kept saying we'll have enough to vaccinate 300 people. Maybe it wasn't just another gaffe.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Actually, Trump did that. But yes, Biden had the same idea.

I expect that second shots will get priority over first shots. But yeah, some of them will probably be delayed.

There will be times, in some areas, where no one can get a first shot because they are all going to people getting their second shots. And some people will still get their second shot late. But the timing of the second shot doesn't appear to be critical.

I think the idea is that carefully planning the second shots would slow things down so much that the results would be worse that what we'll see this way.

I have no idea if that is true.

Comment

The advice given to him could be the best. In the UK this same policy has meant that all over 60s will have been vaccinated by now, and the stats are showing that this policy has helped to reduce Covid amongst those age groups.
          But our MO has been different to yours, that much is true. Saving our health service from collapse was the very very first objective here and thus saving many lives at the same time.
          In some counties it came very close to foundering.

We have not yet received our second jab and will need to wait until the over 40s have all received their first before round two ensues.

Comment

It just seems like getting vaccinations going in any part of the country would be a greater challenge than getting a second dose there.

Once you have the infrastructure and process set up, it's easy to fine-tune it and do much better.

I know it's only anecdotal, bout our sub-hub did 2,500 the first 3 days, now we're doing 4-5,000 in a single day.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Now that they released the J&J vaccine that should alleviate the shortage problem. Biden is now claiming everyone can be vaccinated by the end of May. Of course he is now claiming that he "rectified" the shortage that Trump caused by not ordering enough vaccine. - He ordered what was available and always planned to buy more as it became available.

Comment

Now that they released the J&J vaccine that should alleviate the shortage problem. Biden is now claiming everyone can be vaccinated by the end of May. Of course he is now claiming that he "rectified" the shortage that Trump caused by not ordering enough vaccine. - He ordered what was available and always planned to buy more as it became available.
                He's reaping what Trump sowed, and calling it his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He's reaping what Trump sowed, and calling it his own.
                  Even before he was elected he was claiming he could do it better and when asked how, he recommended things that Trump had already done.

Comment

Even before he was elected he was claiming he could do it better and when asked how, he recommended things that Trump had already done.
                    Yeah, he's trying SO hard to look like he's in command, when all of this was in place and working before he took office.
                    ANY time there's a project this huge, it takes some time to build distribution.

Comment

Update UK.
                      Deaths are down 92% since January and our hospital admissions have fallen away.

All persons over 50 have been vaccinated and we have nearly jabbed the 40+ folks.

There have been a few deaths from the vaccine and the sister of a blood cloth victim was on the news tonight to say that she had taken the 1st Jab and would definitely advise all to take the 2nd. She knows that her brother would support what she says.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
                        Update UK.
                        Deaths are down 92% since January and our hospital admissions have fallen away.

All persons over 50 have been vaccinated and we have nearly jabbed the 40+ folks.

There have been a few deaths from the vaccine and the sister of a blood cloth victim was on the news tonight to say that she had taken the 1st Jab and would definitely advise all to take the 2nd. She knows that her brother would support what she says.
                        wow.

I think most of the US started with anyone over 16 being eligible last week. But it will still take a while to get everyone vaccinated. I also heard that young people are being reluctant to get the vaccine at all, because they think they are not at risk from the disease. So now most of the cases are swinging toward the younger people as the older ones have been vaccinated.

Comment

wow.

I think most of the US started with anyone over 16 being eligible last week. But it will still take a while to get everyone vaccinated. I also heard that young people are being reluctant to get the vaccine at all, because they think they are not at risk from the disease. So now most of the cases are swinging toward the younger people as the older ones have been vaccinated.
                          We are holding back on vaccinating the under 40's, it seems.
                          I don't think that the young people will be getting the AZ vaccine. There seems to be a belief that younger people might be more at risk from any AZ vaccine problems.

The shops opened yesterday in the UK for the first time in months, and pubs and restaurants could serve customers in outside areas.

Your 'admissions and deaths' stats seem to be falling away as well. The early release of vaccines seems to have been the right decision. ...... dodgy but necessary.

Comment

Apparently, we're dealing with a vaccine shortage here in Canada. Some provinces are allegedly cutting deals with various US States to send surplus doses over the border thanks to the Federal Government pooping the bed on supply and distribution.
                            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                              Apparently, we're dealing with a vaccine shortage here in Canada. Some provinces are allegedly cutting deals with various US States to send surplus doses over the border thanks to the Federal Government pooping the bed on supply and distribution.
                              some of the states are saying they have a surplus and are basically begging people to get the vaccine before it spoils.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X