Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Personal Experiences with COVID and/or the Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received my first injection of the Astra Zenica (Oxford) vaccine at 1510hrs this afternoon.

The whole reception, identity checking, induction, preparation and delivery was very smoothly operated, I thought.

I then received a card for production before the second vaccination, when that will happen.

After affects? None that I am aware of.

If I get any adverse affects I will post that info up here.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post
      I received my first injection of the Astra Zenica (Oxford) vaccine at 1510hrs this afternoon.

The whole reception, identity checking, induction, preparation and delivery was very smoothly operated, I thought.

I then received a card for production before the second vaccination, when that will happen.

After affects? None that I am aware of.

If I get any adverse affects I will post that info up here.
      Thanks for the update.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Thanks for the update.
        It's been 7 days since I received a 1st AstraZeneca vaccine. In my case my wife could not see any marks to show where I was vaccinated, and I have not felt any side effects from it in the last week.

Sadly we are hearing from South Africa that the AZ vaccine has not worked well with the South African strain of Covid, and this AZ vaccine is no longer used there. But the main mutation of Covid in the UK is now the Kent strain .......
        We'll just have to see how things work out.

All (willing) over 65+ yr olds in the UK will be vaccinated by end of February and we'll just have to wait another three weeks after that to discover if our Hospital admissions and death rates are falling away.

Comment

I got my first Moderna injection on Wednesday. The site of the injection was a little tender for a few days, but no side effects.

I had planned to wait a while longer, but I found out that people with Down Syndrome are at high risk for severe illness with covid-19, and California decided to only go by age for priority with vaccinations, meaning my son probably wouldn't be vaccinated until they got down to 24-year-olds. So in order to do what I can to protect him, I decided to get the vaccine.

Now they've changed their minds, but I've already been vaccinated.

Comment

It's been 7 days since I received a 1st AstraZeneca vaccine. In my case my wife could not see any marks to show where I was vaccinated, and I have not felt any side effects from it in the last week.

Sadly we are hearing from South Africa that the AZ vaccine has not worked well with the South African strain of Covid, and this AZ vaccine is no longer used there. But the main mutation of Covid in the UK is now the Kent strain .......
            We'll just have to see how things work out.

All (willing) over 65+ yr olds in the UK will be vaccinated by end of February and we'll just have to wait another three weeks after that to discover if our Hospital admissions and death rates are falling away.
            Meanwhile, as I understand it, I have at least another 2 months before I need to make a decision for me getting the vaccine or not.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Meanwhile, as I understand it, I have at least another 2 months before I need to make a decision for me getting the vaccine or not.
              Yep.... Possibly longer, but you do have your immunity for now.
              This sure has changed the World, probably for ever.
              Day by Day......

Comment

Yep.... Possibly longer, but you do have your immunity for now.
                This sure has changed the World, probably for ever.
                Day by Day......
                And we keep getting changing information - day by day.

Comment

And we keep getting changing information - day by day.
                  So do we........
                  We have discovered that there not have been any medical experts here.
                  Too many mistakes have been made over the last 12 months.
                  One long slow learning curve, I'm afraid.... and we still keep hearing about decision changes.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how idiotic bureaucracy can be.

From this weekend: the school district has decided that Covid is under control enough that schools can start traveling for basketball games. Only parents of the players can come to watch the games. Makes sense so far as there haven't been sports this year yet and the kids are going stir crazy without them. But then to (I assume) appease the "we have to do something!" crowd, they decreed that games shouldn't start with jump balls to keep Covid from spreading.
                    We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

So do we........
                      We have discovered that there not have been any medical experts here.
                      Too many mistakes have been made over the last 12 months.
                      One long slow learning curve, I'm afraid.... and we still keep hearing about decision changes.
                      Because politics is more important than truth or accuracy. Each side has a greater interest in their narrative than solving the problem, or even accurately reporting the science.

Look at how conflicted Biden is in calling for our schools to reopen when the science backs that - but the teachers unions say not so fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                        I got my first Moderna injection on Wednesday. The site of the injection was a little tender for a few days, but no side effects.

I had planned to wait a while longer, but I found out that people with Down Syndrome are at high risk for severe illness with covid-19, and California decided to only go by age for priority with vaccinations, meaning my son probably wouldn't be vaccinated until they got down to 24-year-olds. So in order to do what I can to protect him, I decided to get the vaccine.

Now they've changed their minds, but I've already been vaccinated.
                        I'm glad to hear that the effects so far have been mild.

the covid shots were tested only to reduce the symptoms of covid (if we can even credit the early trials results with making a sound conclusion). They have not been tested for stopping you from spreading the virus. You could just end up being an asymptomatic spreader of the virus.

Last edited by mikewhitney; 02-14-2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

My 35-year-old daughter tested positive (lives in my home) on January 28, Thursday. The following day I started sneezing, but it turned out to be a cold and it never went further than a sinus condition.

The following Monday, my wife and I tested negative. I was in quarantine for 14 days and worked from home.

I spoke with two health officials and they were both pretty positive I had covid in the Spring of 2020. I suspected as much at the time because of the symptoms, but my GP assured me that the virus hadn't reached our area yet. So I went to work with my symptoms; mild fever, dry cough, lack of taste, smell and appetite.

I was 60 y.o. last Spring when I had it and it was like a mild flu. I had no problem at all working with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                            I'm glad to hear that the effects so far have been mild.

the covid shots were tested only to reduce the symptoms of covid (if we can even credit the early trials results with making a sound conclusion). They have not been tested for stopping you from spreading the virus. You could just end up being an asymptomatic spreader of the virus.
                            Being vaccinated makes you unlikely to be symptomatic. And being asymptomatic makes you unlikely to spread the disease.

I will still be doing what I can to avoid being infected, but my son will be safer if I do happen to get infected.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Being vaccinated makes you unlikely to be symptomatic. And being asymptomatic makes you unlikely to spread the disease.

I will still be doing what I can to avoid being infected, but my son will be safer if I do happen to get infected.
                              If you are infected, then you transmit it. I'm not sure how you separate the two. Do you also have one-sided coins?

The protection of the experimental covid shots only are said to protect from the worst symptoms of the virus, if Pifzer has even achieved that level of evidence. So you seem to be assuming much beyond what Pfizer claims.

Worse yet. No one under 60 is typically liable to severe sickness or death from the virus. There is absolutely no need to try to protect your son by risking your own health with this covid shot. In taking the covid shot, you only, at best, are protecting yourself. This is really hard to comprehend but it is a fact.

Comment

A study found that the clinical trials (which have now continued to be done among the general public) fail to give sufficient warning of the risks of the experimental covid shots
                                https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...999-e13795.pdf

Here's the summary content:

Source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33113270/

Abstract

Aims of the study: Patient comprehension is a critical part of meeting medical ethics standards of informed consent in study designs. The aim of the study was to determine if sufficient literature exists to require clinicians to disclose the specific risk that COVID-19 vaccines could worsen disease upon exposure to challenge or circulating virus.
                                Methods used to conduct the study: Published literature was reviewed to identify preclinical and clinical evidence that COVID-19 vaccines could worsen disease upon exposure to challenge or circulating virus. Clinical trial protocols for COVID-19 vaccines were reviewed to determine if risks were properly disclosed.
                                Results of the study: COVID-19 vaccines designed to elicit neutralising antibodies may sensitise vaccine recipients to more severe disease than if they were not vaccinated. Vaccines for SARS, MERS and RSV have never been approved, and the data generated in the development and testing of these vaccines suggest a serious mechanistic concern: that vaccines designed empirically using the traditional approach (consisting of the unmodified or minimally modified coronavirus viral spike to elicit neutralising antibodies), be they composed of protein, viral vector, DNA or RNA and irrespective of delivery method, may worsen COVID-19 disease via antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE). This risk is sufficiently obscured in clinical trial protocols and consent forms for ongoing COVID-19 vaccine trials that adequate patient comprehension of this risk is unlikely to occur, obviating truly informed consent by subjects in these trials.
                                Conclusions drawn from the study and clinical implications: The specific and significant COVID-19 risk of ADE should have been and should be prominently and independently disclosed to research subjects currently in vaccine trials, as well as those being recruited for the trials and future patients after vaccine approval, in order to meet the medical ethics standard of patient comprehension for informed consent.

© Copyright Original Source

We have seen cases where a person's white blood cells were down to zero before he died. Hopefully I have the terminology correct enough.

People should make sure to get full disclosure of the problems that can happen due to the experimental covid shots.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X