Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Personal Experiences with COVID and/or the Vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Experiences with COVID and/or the Vaccine

As I posted elsewhere, I had a fever last Sunday night, scheduled a COVID test for Monday morning, and Tuesday received a "Positive".

ZERO symptoms, other than a brief fever Sunday night - not even in the COVID range, then back to normal.

Subsequent test 2 days later also "positive", still ZERO symptoms.

I voluntarily quarantined myself - target 10 days - but it all seems so silly. Supposedly, you can still test positive for 6 weeks after.
    When I talked to my Doctor, the opinion was that maybe the fever Sunday night was "the tail end", and I'm over it.
    If that's so, I should have had some symptoms the previous week. ZERO.

Some family members also tested positive, and they had a rough go of it -- they're younger and in better health than me.

There just seems like no rhyme or reason. A good friend took the vaccine Monday morning, and became very ill, high fever, shakes, aches, cough....

My daughter's nurse friend had the first vaccine, did fine, then today got the second shot, and immediately went full COVID - is out now for 10 days.

Some school systems only require students to stay home for 5 days, some workplaces require a negative test, some others require 10 days at home.

There is so much of this that just makes no sense at all.

So, this isn't about WHO or any government agency or program or politics or conspiracy theories --- it's about what you're actually seeing around you.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Are you doing any visits to the hospitals?

what did your family go through?

I'm glad you are avoiding conspiracy theories. Those are not as important as the evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      Are you doing any visits to the hospitals?

what did your family go through?

I'm glad you are avoiding conspiracy theories. Those are not as important as the evidence.
      I self-quarantined out of an abundance of caution - wife went for testing this morning as required by her job, but she also has ZERO symptoms. (well, unless you want to consider her normal allergy cough when the weather changes)
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

In our corner of bush Alaska it hasn't been that big of an issue, except for travel and tourism being down last summer. Once we all saw the elders of the village giving out hugs to the graduating high school class last spring, it all been given a big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
        Nobody wears masks or social distances; since last fall we are meeting regularly as a church, school is in session as normal, and people freely visit each other. Only a few minor cases have cropped up with the mildest of symptoms, probably <6 people total.

In contrast, some of the villages in the region have gone into full paranoid mode and are locked down completely. Ironically, they have had more cases than us.
        We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post
          In our corner of bush Alaska it hasn't been that big of an issue, except for travel and tourism being down last summer. Once we all saw the elders of the village giving out hugs to the graduating high school class last spring, it all been given a big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
          Nobody wears masks or social distances; since last fall we are meeting regularly as a church, school is in session as normal, and people freely visit each other. Only a few minor cases have cropped up with the mildest of symptoms, probably <6 people total.

In contrast, some of the villages in the region have gone into full paranoid mode and are locked down completely. Ironically, they have had more cases than us.
          There just seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post

I've been wondering since October why some of the places with the strictest lock downs are experiencing such high rates. And it's worldwide, not just in some countries (at least as far as the news seems to be concerned).

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I've been wondering since October why some of the places with the strictest lock downs are experiencing such high rates. And it's worldwide, not just in some countries (at least as far as the news seems to be concerned).
              closed ventilation and plumbing
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Not surprisingly, my wife also tested positive - but with ZERO symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post

closed ventilation and plumbing

Um, lots of places don't have closed ventilation at this time of year. I don't know what that has to do with the rise of cases everywhere, and I really don't get the plumbing part.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Um, lots of places don't have closed ventilation at this time of year. I don't know what that has to do with the rise of cases everywhere, and I really don't get the plumbing part.
                    Regarding plumbing, it hasn't been shown that you can get covid-19 from fecal matter, but it's a concern for some people.

As for the correlation between lockdowns and high rates, it's possible that lockdowns make it more likely that you will be infected if you live with someone who is infected, since if you can't get out, you are exposed to a greater viral load.

Or it might just be that places with high rates of infection are more likely to initiate lockdowns.

Comment

I got covid from my daughter who got it from a guy she went on a date with whose roommate had it (all mild to no symptoms). My granddaughter also got it. If my son got it, he showed no symptoms and never was tested. My wife also never had any symptoms. Was tested by never rec'd any results. I had mild symptoms, cough, congestion, malaise, very mild fever, and I lost taste and smell for about 2 weeks. I continued to work at home during it.

Daughter (age 25) had about the same but never lost taste or smell.

Grandaughter (age 9) ran higher fever but no other symptoms.
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Just received a call from a very nice lady with Texas Health Department.
                        She was calling in response to my testing positive.

She explained she had about 10 minutes of questions, along with some advice, and asked if I had time to answer.

I started off by telling her I wasn't going to rat out my friends, and she told me I was free not to answer any questions. (I knew that)

It was, indeed, a "contact tracing" call, but she totally got that I was going to honor the privacy of my friends.

I answered the questions I was comfortable answering, then she asked about others in my household.
                        I told her it was just me and my wife, so she started asking questions about my wife.

I told her (and I remined her this was nothing personal against her) that my wife is a big girl, and if they called her, she'd answer her own questions.

The think I DID like was that they asked if I - or anybody in my household - needed assistance with food or medicine or any other services - there would be no cost to me.

I told her "for an old white fat guy", I'm actually doing quite well. (she laughed, and thanked me for the answers I gave her)

Comment

Is there a consistent correlation between strictest lock downs and highest rates? It's easy to point to select places that have strict lockdowns and high rates, but that doesn't mean that's how it usually is.

Though even if there is a strong correlation, this brings up a question: In which direction does this go? I can easily see high rates and strict lockdowns going together, not because the lockdowns cause the high rates, but because the high rates prompt the strict lockdowns. Did the strict lockdowns come before or after the high rates?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                            Is there a consistent correlation between strictest lock downs and highest rates? It's easy to point to select places that have strict lockdowns and high rates, but that doesn't mean that's how it usually is.

Though even if there is a strong correlation, this brings up a question: In which direction does this go? I can easily see high rates and strict lockdowns going together, not because the lockdowns cause the high rates, but because the high rates prompt the strict lockdowns. Did the strict lockdowns come before or after the high rates?
                            It seems to me, looking at my own country, that provinces that had very strict lockdowns still experienced large numbers of new cases, even during the lockdowns. And provinces that didn't have such strict lockdowns also starting getting more cases, which I DO understand.

Comment

Hi........
                              I am to receive my first covid vaccination today, Saturday 6th Feb at 1510 hrs. I don't yet know which of the jabs it will be, so must remember to ask.

So far the UK has managed to vaccinate the over 75's by 90%, and the over 70's should be (1st) vaccinated by 15th February.

Up until now I have not experienced reactions to the annual flu-jab and so I hope that I will manage with the covid vaccination trouble free, but if I should experience any negative reactions I will let you know (if you're interested).

By 15th inst all the (willing) 70+ years citizens of the UK countries (N. Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England) will all have received a first vaccine, which should offer some level of resistance to the sickness. And so by the end of February there should be some changes downwards in the weekly death figures, and since the over 70's age groups are the most vulnerable I look forward to seeing what happens.

Then we will be waiting for our 2nd vaccination.

All (willing) over 50's in the UK will have received their first vaccination by the beginning of May.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X