Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

The Vaccines Not Being Tested for Much Benefit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Vaccines Not Being Tested for Much Benefit


    The vaccine trials are not being tested for much that will benefit the general population.

    The vaccine trials are only designed to show that there is a reduction of the symptoms or severity of covid-19 (someone only has covid-19 at the time that person becomes sick). Only about 200 people out of 30,000 are part of the final statistics -- because they show a positive PCR result.

    The vaccine is only useful for those people who fear getting the worst symptoms and are willing to risk some sleepless nights and unknown effects of the vaccine in order to avoid the worst of symptoms if they get sick.

    There is no testing for the reduction of the spread of the virus. As such, there is no benefit gained to society -- i.e. no reduction of the numbers who could be affected by the disease. If Jim takes the vaccine, there is nothing in the study to show that Jane is safer now.

    We then have something like 15000 people who got the vaccine which only benefits 9 people who entered into the severe stages of covid-19 (whatever that may have been defined as).

    To add to the problems, the long term effects are not known. This is especially important due to the use of a totally new technology for vaccines. (And we can note that the previous technologies applied to SARS vaccines had cause cytokine storm in the test animals -- a worse response to the wild virus than if they had not be given the vaccine.)

    PfizerVaccinationTrial.png


    Here's a partial quote from BMJ article

    Source: https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4037


    In a September interview Medscape editor in chief Eric Topol pondered what counts as a recorded “event” in the vaccine trials. “We’re not talking about just a PCR [polymerase chain reaction test]-positive mild infection. It has to be moderate to severe illness to qualify as an event, correct?” he asked.8

    “That’s right,” concurred his guest, Paul Offit, a vaccinologist who sits on the FDA advisory committee that may ultimately recommend the vaccines for licence or emergency use authorisation.

    But that’s not right. In all the ongoing phase III trials for which details have been released, laboratory confirmed infections even with only mild symptoms qualify as meeting the primary endpoint definition.9101112 In Pfizer and Moderna’s trials, for example, people with only a cough and positive laboratory test would bring those trials one event closer to their completion. (If AstraZeneca’s ongoing UK trial is designed similarly to its “paused” US trial for which the company has released details, a cough and fever with positive PCR test would suffice.)

    Part of the reason may be numbers. Severe illness requiring hospital admission, which happens in only a small fraction of symptomatic covid-19 cases, would be unlikely to occur in significant numbers in trials. Data published by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in late April reported a symptomatic case hospitalisation ratio of 3.4% overall, varying from 1.7% in 0-49 year olds and 4.5% in 50-64 year olds to 7.4% in those 65 and over.13 Because most people with symptomatic covid-19 experience only mild symptoms,14 even trials involving 30 000 or more patients would turn up relatively few cases of severe disease.

    In the trials, final efficacy analyses are planned after just 150 to 160 “events,”—that is, a positive indication of symptomatic covid-19, regardless of severity of the illness.

    Yet until vaccine manufacturers began to release their study protocols in mid-September, trial registries and other publicly released information did little to dispel the notion that it was severe covid-19 that the trials were assessing. Moderna, for example, called hospital admissions a “key secondary endpoint” in statements to the media.15 And a press release from the US National Institutes of Health reinforced this impression, stating that Moderna’s trial “aims to study whether the vaccine can prevent severe covid-19” and “seeks to answer if the vaccine can prevent death caused by covid-19.”16

    But Tal Zaks, chief medical officer at Moderna, told The BMJ that the company’s trial lacks adequate statistical power to assess those outcomes. “The trial is precluded from judging [hospital admissions], based on what is a reasonable size and duration to serve the public good here,” he said.

    Hospital admissions and deaths from covid-19 are simply too uncommon in the population being studied for an effective vaccine to demonstrate statistically significant differences in a trial of 30 000 people. The same is true of its ability to save lives or prevent transmission: the trials are not designed to find out.

    Zaks said, “Would I like to know that this prevents mortality? Sure, because I believe it does. I just don’t think it’s feasible within the timeframe [of the trial]—too many would die waiting for the results before we ever knew that

    Stopping transmission


    What about Hotez’s second criterion, interrupting virus transmission, which some experts have argued17 should be the most important test in phase III studies?

    “Our trial will not demonstrate prevention of transmission,” Zaks said, “because in order to do that you have to swab people twice a week for very long periods, and that becomes operationally untenable.”

    © Copyright Original Source



    So, what benefit do we really have from these proposed vaccines?

    How does the vaccine help society and help to open up the economy again?


  • #2
    It sounds rather crazy that they advertise the vaccine as something for herd immunity but the vaccine is not going to be tested for this goal. No one has noted any general benefit to society from this vaccine. It is like they want to give us an experimental solution just to give us anything to calm the public fears, even if it does not do anything for the population.

    It still does not make sense how vaccine tests for SARS-1 only led to cytokine storms but now there may be 20 vaccines developed among various countries (the most easiest to note are Russia, China, US)

    Since the vaccine is only tested for the removal of symptoms, I think the existing treatments are sufficient.
    The best treatments are Vitamin D and Ivermectin

    The Ivermectin protocol is explained in a readable (i.e. pictorial) form at:
    covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/FLCCC-Protocols-%E2%80%93-A-Guide-to-the-Management-of-COVID-19.pdf
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 12-08-2020, 02:16 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Here's another partial quote from a nov 9,2020 reuters story. If it does not help anyone else, it is a reminder of this point to me.

      Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-vaccines-pfizer-idUSKBN27P1ID


      To confirm the efficacy rate, Pfizer said it would continue its trial until there were 164 COVID-19 cases among volunteers. Bourla told CNBC on Monday that could be before the end of November.

      Lawrence Young, a professor of molecular oncology at Britain’s University of Warwick, noted that the data may show the vaccine keeps people from getting sick but not necessarily from becoming infected. “And the subtlety there ... is if you’re infected then you can still transmit the virus.”

      © Copyright Original Source



      Comment


      • #4
        Sucharit Bhakdi -- Vaccine = Doom.

        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

        Beige Nationalist.

        "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

        Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

        Comment


        • #5
          One website for tracking the bad effects of the vaccine is https://hpv-vaccine-side-effects.com...cts-world-map/

          Neurological effects have been anticipated.

          We have a post on facebook
          Source: https://www.facebook.com/brant.griner.7/posts/900291600708120



          This is what the Pfizer covid19 vaccine has done to my Mom. Everyone please pray for her. She was admitted to the hospital. And be cautious about taking the vaccine. I'm sure it is good for some people but you need to think about is this vaccine worth taking? It's not for me. Please share this post we need help finding answers

          Update 1-12-21
          Mom Is getting even worse today and still don't have any answers from doctors as to how to fix this. Please pray for her I can't stand to see my mom this way it makes me want to cry knowing I can't do anything to help her. Please don't take the covid19 vaccine. I'm adding a 3rd video that she just sent me.

          © Copyright Original Source



          The video of his mom is available at:
          https://www.bitchute.com/video/71rllTiqpGPe/

          After enough coincidental deaths after taking these vaccinations, we may well be able to attribute these neurological effects to the vaccinations.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
            One website for tracking the bad effects of the vaccine is https://hpv-vaccine-side-effects.com...cts-world-map/

            Neurological effects have been anticipated.

            We have a post on facebook
            Source: https://www.facebook.com/brant.griner.7/posts/900291600708120



            This is what the Pfizer covid19 vaccine has done to my Mom. Everyone please pray for her. She was admitted to the hospital. And be cautious about taking the vaccine. I'm sure it is good for some people but you need to think about is this vaccine worth taking? It's not for me. Please share this post we need help finding answers

            Update 1-12-21
            Mom Is getting even worse today and still don't have any answers from doctors as to how to fix this. Please pray for her I can't stand to see my mom this way it makes me want to cry knowing I can't do anything to help her. Please don't take the covid19 vaccine. I'm adding a 3rd video that she just sent me.

            © Copyright Original Source



            The video of his mom is available at:
            https://www.bitchute.com/video/71rllTiqpGPe/

            After enough coincidental deaths after taking these vaccinations, we may well be able to attribute these neurological effects to the vaccinations.
            More than 10 million doses have been given. Even if something like this happens every million doses, it's well worth it. Because if a million people get infected, thousands of them are going to die.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Stoic View Post

              More than 10 million doses have been given. Even if something like this happens every million doses, it's well worth it. Because if a million people get infected, thousands of them are going to die.
              That might be good if the Pfizer shot stopped the spread of the virus. It actually so far is only tested to reduce the symptoms for those who get the shot. I don't think that is a worthwhile enough protection to died for (or to get neurological problems).

              The choice is up to you when the Pfizer or moderna shots are available. Good luck!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

                That might be good if the Pfizer shot stopped the spread of the virus. It actually so far is only tested to reduce the symptoms for those who get the shot. I don't think that is a worthwhile enough protection to died for (or to get neurological problems).

                The choice is up to you when the Pfizer or moderna shots are available. Good luck!!!
                As I see it, it's worth the slight risk of serious complications to prevent the much greater probability of death (or the even greater probability of long term sickness) if I get infected with covid-19. It's also worth it to avoid my other option, which is for me and my family to remain in isolation for the indefinite future.

                Even if it doesn't stop the spread of the virus, enough people being vaccinated could help stop the overwhelming of our medical system.

                And of course, if the vaccine does stop the spread of the virus (as seems very likely), then getting vaccinated will be of much greater benefit to society.

                If you decide not to get vaccinated, I wish you luck.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Stoic View Post

                  As I see it, it's worth the slight risk of serious complications to prevent the much greater probability of death (or the even greater probability of long term sickness) if I get infected with covid-19. It's also worth it to avoid my other option, which is for me and my family to remain in isolation for the indefinite future.

                  Even if it doesn't stop the spread of the virus, enough people being vaccinated could help stop the overwhelming of our medical system.

                  And of course, if the vaccine does stop the spread of the virus (as seems very likely), then getting vaccinated will be of much greater benefit to society.

                  If you decide not to get vaccinated, I wish you luck.
                  i am just trying to help toward informed consent. From what I hear, these shots should help keep the hospitals busy with neurological problems and these have been adding to the death count. But why would anyone research this information?

                  Why would anyone want scientifically demonstrated safe treatments when there is a new experimental vaccine that has known problems and may not help much?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    i am just trying to help toward informed consent. From what I hear, these shots should help keep the hospitals busy with neurological problems and these have been adding to the death count. But why would anyone research this information?
                    I guess it depends on where you "heard" it.

                    Why would anyone want scientifically demonstrated safe treatments when there is a new experimental vaccine that has known problems and may not help much?
                    If would be nice if there were scientifically demonstrated safe and effective treatments. Until then, we have vaccines.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                      I guess it depends on where you "heard" it.


                      If would be nice if there were scientifically demonstrated safe and effective treatments. Until then, we have vaccines.
                      silly. you have forgotten the earlier discussion. You got the shot already , didn't you?

                      Just to jog your memory. The https://C19study.com site lists the science. No one likes the science though. Did you find fault with the list of studies that can be accessed there? You can even focus on the studies that are peer reviewed -- if that jogs your memory about one of the features of scientific journals that helps promote their credibility.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This was an interesting article. Apparently the care facility did not have any deaths happening until people got the Pfizer shots.

                        I have not fully explored this, but it sounds like the Pfizer shot is not very helpful. I expect that people will still make excuses in defense of the experimental vaccines.

                        This is like a scene out of a remake of Fahrenheit 451. it sounds like 22 people died in the nursing home after vaccinations were given to 80% of the residents. Then, they were supposed to vaccinate the other residents and workers this past Tuesday. Go figure.

                        An excerpt of the article follows, since I don't think it is proper to quote whole articles:

                        Source: https://www.syracuse.com/coronavirus/2021/01/covid-19-outbreak-at-auburn-nursing-home-infects-137-residents-kills-24.html


                        Covid-19 outbreak at Auburn nursing home infects 137 residents, kills 24
                        Updated Jan 09, 2021; Posted Jan 09, 2021
                        The Commons on St. Anthony

                        The Commons on St. Anthony nursing home in Auburn
                        32,086
                        shares
                        By James T. Mulder | jmulder@syracuse.com

                        Auburn, N.Y. – A Covid-19 outbreak at a Cayuga County nursing home that began two weeks ago has infected 137 residents, 24 of whom have died.

                        The outbreak at The Commons on St. Anthony in Auburn started Dec. 21 as a wave of post-Thanksgiving Covid-19 cases began hitting the county, said Julie Sheedy, an official of Loretto which operates the 300-bed nursing home.

                        Forty-seven employees have tested positive.

                        Since the outbreak began, 21 residents have died at The Commons and three in the hospital, Sheedy said. Eleven residents have died since Wednesday, she said.

                        There had been no nursing home Covid-19 deaths in Cayuga County until the first three deaths at the Commons were reported Dec. 29. The three other nursing homes in Cayuga have not reported any Covid-19 deaths.

                        “Our team is always deeply affected by any loss of life, and our hearts are with the families of these individuals,” Sheedy said.

                        The total Covid-19 death toll in the county has increased from 13 on Dec. 21 to 44 as of Thursday. The nursing home deaths account for 54% of the county’s Covid-19 fatalities.

                        There have been 3,650 confirmed Covid-19 cases in Cayuga since the pandemic began. Nearly half of those cases have been reported since Dec. 21.

                        The average percentage of people testing positive for Covid-19 in Cayuga County is 12%, the highest rate in Central New York. Here are the average positive test rates for other counties in the region: Onondaga, 7.8%; Oswego, 9.7%; Madison, 8.5%; and Cortland, 8%.

                        © Copyright Original Source

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          silly. you have forgotten the earlier discussion. You got the shot already , didn't you?
                          I've actually been technically eligible for a little while now, as an In-Home Supportive Services provider. But since the only home I provide services in is my own, and my only customer is my son, this doesn't put me any more at risk than anyone else. I figure I'll wait until people who need it more than me have a chance.

                          Just to jog your memory. The https://C19study.com site lists the science. No one likes the science though. Did you find fault with the list of studies that can be accessed there? You can even focus on the studies that are peer reviewed -- if that jogs your memory about one of the features of scientific journals that helps promote their credibility.
                          I'm sure you know that the gold standard in scientific studies is the randomized double blind trial. And I'm sure you also know that no such study has shown a significant benefit from HCQ. That's not going to be outweighed by any number of observational or retrospective studies.

                          But if you want to provide a peer reviewed study that showed a significant reduction in mortality from HCQ, I'll be glad to look at it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                            This was an interesting article. Apparently the care facility did not have any deaths happening until people got the Pfizer shots.

                            I have not fully explored this, but it sounds like the Pfizer shot is not very helpful. I expect that people will still make excuses in defense of the experimental vaccines.

                            This is like a scene out of a remake of Fahrenheit 451. it sounds like 22 people died in the nursing home after vaccinations were given to 80% of the residents. Then, they were supposed to vaccinate the other residents and workers this past Tuesday. Go figure.
                            Well, you know what they say: Correlation implies causation.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                              I've actually been technically eligible for a little while now, as an In-Home Supportive Services provider. But since the only home I provide services in is my own, and my only customer is my son, this doesn't put me any more at risk than anyone else. I figure I'll wait until people who need it more than me have a chance.
                              You could save other lives by taking it yourself so that other people do not suffer the side effects.

                              I'm sure you know that the gold standard in scientific studies is the randomized double blind trial. And I'm sure you also know that no such study has shown a significant benefit from HCQ. That's not going to be outweighed by any number of observational or retrospective studies.

                              But if you want to provide a peer reviewed study that showed a significant reduction in mortality from HCQ, I'll be glad to look at it.
                              You do not have to do a gold standard study for everything. Even the gold standard double blind trials can half false results when they use improper detection of something like the SARs-cov-2 viruses. We already saw the use of a process in the Pfizer study that gives an estimated 97% false positives.

                              As to the leading people by the hand on these studies, I'm a bit tired of this right now. But if you like experimental vaccines with neurological side effects, that is always your option.

                              I am just trying to provide things that are likely to be much safer and more effective.

                              The existing treatments seem better than the care facility that just led to 24 more deaths since mid-december, after injecting the experimental shots in 80% of their residents.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mikewhitney, 02-23-2021, 06:04 PM
                              3 responses
                              36 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post eider
                              by eider
                               
                              Started by Sparko, 02-05-2021, 10:26 AM
                              3 responses
                              38 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Stoic
                              by Stoic
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, 02-04-2021, 12:43 PM
                              14 responses
                              63 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by mikewhitney, 01-27-2021, 01:01 AM
                              38 responses
                              179 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mikewhitney  
                              Started by Cow Poke, 01-21-2021, 09:35 PM
                              37 responses
                              253 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post eider
                              by eider
                               
                              Working...
                              X