Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

New global black market for bogus negative covid tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New global black market for bogus negative covid tests

I'm pretty sure it would be child's play to produce a fake test result or alter a positive one on a computer.

Source: Black market for negative COVID-19 tests pops up across the globe

A black market for negative COVID-19 tests has popped up across the globe as more countries require travelers to prove their negative status before entering, a report said Wednesday.

In France, seven people were arrested last week for allegedly hawking doctored coronavirus tests at Charles de Gaulle International Airport, the Associated Press reported. The suspects, who were not identified, were charging up to $360 for the fake tests.

Authorities tracked the ring down after finding a man bound for Ethiopia with a fake test, according to the report. The alleged scammers face up to five years in prison if convicted.

In South America, Brazilian officials arrested four tourists who gave fake tests after they flew into an island chain off the coast of the country that requires travelers to show negative test results.

In England, a man told a local newspaper that he was able to travel to Pakistan by using a friend’s negative COVID-19 test and changing his name.

“You can simply get their negative test and change the name and birthdate to your own. You also put a test date on which is within the time limit required,” the man, who didn’t want to be named, told the Lancashire Telegraph.

“You download the email, change it and then print it,” said.

He added that he went to such lengths because he couldn’t get a test that he needed to travel since he’s not an essential worker.

“People are doing this as you can’t get a COVID test if you have to travel to Pakistan in case of an emergency. It is difficult to get one unless you are a key worker,” he said.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it would be child's play to produce a fake test result or alter a positive one on a computer.
    Up to five years in prison sounds about the right punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Up to five years in prison sounds about the right punishment.
      The fine is pretty high as well. Up to half a million, according to USA Today.

So far it seems the cases they reported catching were of not exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer. I mean, actually selling them at an international airport? Continental Europe's busiest.

And again, according to USA Today the suspects in the South American case presented test results that were not conducted within the past 24 hours as required, and when they were rejected, refused to take a test and instead simply produced test results with a date that met the criteria. As the article said, that "raised red flags."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This kind of nonsense is probably why I caught Covid earlier this year. Somebody had it and claimed they didn't, so me and my family ended up getting it.

Comment