Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Justina Pelletier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Here is what appears to be a good summary of the issues around her case:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...cLI/story.html
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

So basically they stuck her in the middle of an experimental idea that stems from a parental diagnosis of munchausen's by proxy. The problem here is that munchausen's by proxy which result's in child abuse is pretty severe and the diagnosis of the parents comes only by psychological evaluation and cases like Justina's simply are unheard of in this. Essentially they were accusing the parents of faking things to get attention when they had NO evidence to do it. Dang Freaky liberal blankety blankety blankety (there aren't enough words that are vulgar enough for me to express how angry I get as a mom myself to think of one of my children being made an experiment in a state game)
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          Good! She should have never been taken from her parents in the 1st place.

With what I went through with RSD(and often times just being sick with other stuff), I'm a bit surprised that we didn't have more trouble with this kind of thing. Especially after one doctor claimed to have "cured" me with a full lumbar sypmathectomy*.

*Worst thing I could have possibly had done. It only made everything worse, and was a lot harder to recover from than I was led to believe.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X