Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

I found a perfect thing for my dog.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found a perfect thing for my dog.

As many of you know, my dog taz is mostly a throw pillow, whose only job is to keep the furniture from floating away.

Well I have been thinking about redecorating and where can I use Taz?

Then I found it! The Pet Crate End Table!

211.jpg

Now Taz can actually be part of my furniture! I just have to remember to feed him and make sure he is still alive from time to time.

If you did Pinterest you'd have had one years ago.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm actually building one of those, but three of the walls will have carpet on the inside as kind of a sound deadener for when it thunders. He hates thunder. I'll post pictures when I get it built, or nearly built.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As someone on woot said about it: "Nothing says 'You're part of the family' like putting your pet in a piece of furniture and setting drinks on top"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I'm actually building one of those, but three of the walls will have carpet on the inside as kind of a sound deadener for when it thunders. He hates thunder. I'll post pictures when I get it built, or nearly built.
          http://www.thundershirt.com/?utm_sou...s%20for%20dogs

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The people that I know who have used them (on their dogs of course) report very mixed results.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              The people that I know who have used them (on their dogs of course) report very mixed results.
              We had a very storm sensitive cat, our last one. She knew when a storm was coming long before we did, and she would come to wherever one of us was and climb on our lap and stay there until the storm was over.

So there may be something to the thundershirt, or not.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                We had a very storm sensitive cat, our last one. She knew when a storm was coming long before we did, and she would come to wherever one of us was and climb on our lap and stay there until the storm was over.

So there may be something to the thundershirt, or not.

Yeah, they like to be in tight places, up against things or the like. The Thundershirt provides this by "hugging" them. Still, for many it doesn't help much. My brother's largest dog (basically a big wimp) gets upset when it thunders or fireworks. He often opens the closet in my brother's "office," pushes everything out and hides among the boxes. They finally had to start giving him "doggy downers" during particularly bad storms.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, they like to be in tight places, up against things or the like. The Thundershirt provides this by "hugging" them. Still, for many it doesn't help much. My brother's largest dog (basically a big wimp) gets upset when it thunders or fireworks. He often opens the closet in my brother's "office," pushes everything out and hides among the boxes. They finally had to start giving him "doggy downers" during particularly bad storms.
                  Dogs are weird.

Comment

Dogs are weird.
                    Cats are evil

Dogs_Vs_Cats.jpg

Comment

Comment

Cats are evil

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8124[/ATTACH]

Mossrose supports animal abuse?!

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post

Mossrose supports animal abuse?!
                          Keep it up, Knucklehead - the only animal she's gonna abuse is you!
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X