Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Carpenter Bees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    And you would be right!

From our Master Gardener friends...
    As pollinators, carpenter bees are generalists in our gardens and landscapes. They may be found foraging on a number of different species. Like their close cousins, the bumblebees, carpenter bees are early morning foragers. Carpenter bees are excellent pollinators of eggplant, tomato and other vegetables and many types of flowers.
    Hey, it looks like this article was STOLEN from the one I posted from the US Forest Service!!!!

Deborah Rankin, you need to hide your head and be shamed!

Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-05-2015, 02:19 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

FYI: A can of cheap spray paint can do wonders for prevention. Spray anything that isn't already painted (like the underside of swings, porch ceilings (actually, these usually are painted) et al. It doesn't show (depending) and the bees usually avoid paint like the plague.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Just for grins, I wanted to see how far these tunnels went, so I slipped a long skinny cable tie (because it can bend easily) in the hole, and it went in SEVEN INCHES before I heard the buzzing inside that indicated I was approaching the bee.

In all of the holes, the tunnel goes up about half an inch, then turns West, horizontally.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Yikes.

They are not listed under insects of Alberta. But we have 18 species of honeybees!
            You have 18 species of "bumble bees." We only have one honeybee in North America, Apis mellifera.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              You have 18 species of "bumble bees." We only have one honeybee in North America, Apis mellifera.

I can't read, neither.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X