Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Duty of Intact Female Cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty of Intact Female Cats

Are intact female cats supposed to keep their rear clean?

Yes. Everyone has an off day but if she is consistently failing to clean herself or the flow is beyond her ability to keep up with, it's time for a trip to the vet.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

A permanent trip??? Or do you mean that the cat might have a medical problem that needs treating?
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        A permanent trip??? Or do you mean that the cat might have a medical problem that needs treating?
        100% positive she doesn't mean a permanent trip. Just going to the vet to check things out.

Comment

Thank you, Cere.

CBW...
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

you want to know something weird.. my dog does NOT clean her private parts at all. I guess that's good since she's always licking our faces. I thought that was something all dogs did though. We bathe her every week
            "Some people feel guilty about their anxieties and regard them as a defect of faith but they are afflictions, not sins. Like all afflictions, they are, if we can so take them, our share in the passion of Christ." - That Guy Everyone Quotes

Comment

I guess I don't understand what trade-in deals the vet might have to offer.

Comment

How old is your cat, mike?

Sometimes very young, or very old cats are not as clean as they should be. The youngsters will figure it out, but the older ones are sometimes just not as able to keep up. Although we had neutered females that lived into the high teens that still did pretty well.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  How old is your cat, mike?

Sometimes very young, or very old cats are not as clean as they should be. The youngsters will figure it out, but the older ones are sometimes just not as able to keep up. Although we had neutered females that lived into the high teens that still did pretty well.
                  she is about 4 years old. Is that to old to do a trade-in?

That age is why teal said take her to the vet.

Comment

We're talking about CATS not CARS! Ya don't trade them in! Though it would be great if teal could explain what might be wrong with the poor kitty.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                      she is about 4 years old. Is that to old to do a trade-in?

That age is why teal said take her to the vet.
                      Has she always been like this? If it is a change in behaviour, then definitely you should have her checked out by a vet. If she has always been like this, then she is a lazy critter.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Why haven't you had her spayed??? You don't like finding homes for kittens, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                          Why haven't you had her spayed??? You don't like finding homes for kittens, do you?
                          I can make them available through tweb. It would be an easy sell.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            Has she always been like this? If it is a change in behaviour, then definitely you should have her checked out by a vet. If she has always been like this, then she is a lazy critter.

Oh. she just had a troubled start in life. Her master committed suicide. She was taken away from her mom a little early too.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                              Oh. she just had a troubled start in life. Her master committed suicide. She was taken away from her mom a little early too.
                              Well, that might explain a lot. I don't know how to get a cat to start cleaning herself better, though. I still think the vet is a good idea. Maybe you can search online for some ideas?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X