Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

PETA is pure evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The closest thing to Team Plasma there is in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Been reading on facebook and other places more atrocities by PETA. They claim eating meat is evil, put out comics depicting parents glorifying in butchering animals to scare kids, and claim to be for the "Ethical treatment of animals"

Yet what they really want is to just kill people's pets. They think keeping pets is somehow "cruel" and will use any excuse to kill a pet rather than find it a home. Even shelters that euthanize will attempt to find homes for their animals before resorting to euthanizing. Peta starts out by euthanizing or just plain killing animals it takes in. It even will go so far as to STEAL pets from people and kill them.

Check this out:
      http://www.whypetaeuthanizes.org/maya/
      On October 18, 2014, in Parksley, VA, PETA stole Maya, a happy and healthy dog, from her porch while her family was out. They killed her that very day.

According to a spokesman for Maya’s family, PETA came to the trailer park where the family lives, where most of the residents are Spanish speaking with few resources. The PETA representatives befriended the residents. They got to know who lived where and who had dogs. In fact, they sat with the family on the same porch off which they later took Maya. Waiting until the family was away from the home, PETA employees backed their van up to the porch and threw biscuits to Maya, in an attempt to coax her off her property and therefore give PETA the ability to claim she was a stray dog “at large.” But Maya refused to stay off the porch and ran back. Thinking that no one was around, one of the employees—who was later charged with larceny—went onto the property and took Maya.

When the family returned and found their beloved Maya missing, they searched around the neighborhood before checking the video on the surveillance camera. That is when they saw the PETA van on the film and recognized the woman who had come to their house on prior occasions to talk to them about Maya. They called PETA and asked for Maya’s return. According to a family spokesperson, PETA claimed it did not have the dog. When PETA was told that its employees had been filmed taking the dog, they hung up. Shortly afterward, a PETA attorney called and informed the family that Maya was dead. PETA had killed her

surveillance video

Animal shelters run by PETA euthanize a much higher percentage of animals than shelters run by other groups. An investigation of PETA run shelters in Virginia found that they kill approximately 85% of the animals within 24 hours and in 2009 less than 1% were adopted or transferred.

In 2009 only 16 of 2317 dogs and cats survived going into a PETA "animal shelter"
      In contrast statewide 33,670 of those taken into shelters 56,842 survived

In 2012, even after all the public furor, a newspaper investigation found that they were still killing almost 90% of all the animals dropped off at its national headquarters in Norfolk, Va.

According to Daphna Nachminovitch, PETA’s vice president of cruelty investigations, "Our euthanasia program has never been a secret. This is one of many, many things that we do to alleviate the suffering of animals." So the group that is so staunchly against the wearing of fur and leather, the eating of meat... has no problem whatsoever with committing the wholesale slaughter of animals themselves

The fact is that PETA absolutely hates the idea of people having pets, which might explain why they slaughter those that they get their hands on. PETA is committed to a future in which people would not be able to own pets, claiming on their website that "The selfish desire to possess animals and receive love from them causes immeasurable suffering."

In recent years PETA engages in a great deal of double talk to obfuscate their opposition to pet ownership but in the past they were much more open about it. In "Fettered Kingdoms: An Examination of A Changing Ethic" published by PETA in 1982 the author John Bryant informed readers that:
      • Let us allow the dog to disappear from our brick and concrete jungles -- from our firesides, from the leather nooses and chains by which we enslave it. --p.15
      • The cat, like the dog, must disappear..... We should cut the domestic cat free from our dominance by neutering, neutering, and more neutering, until our pathetic version of the cat ceases to exist. --p.15

There are many other similar quotes like this:
      • As John Bryant has written in his book Fettered Kingdoms, they [pets] are like slaves, even if well-kept slaves. --PETA's Statement on Companion Animals
      • Pet ownership is an abysmal situation brought about by human manipulation. --Ingrid Newkirk, President, PETA, Washingtonian, August 1986
      • You don't have to own squirrels and starlings to get enjoyment from them ... One day, we would like an end to pet shops and the breeding of animals. [Dogs] would pursue their natural lives in the wild ... they would have full lives, not wasting at home for someone to come home in the evening and pet them and then sit there and watch TV. --Ingrid Newkirk, President, PETA, Chicago Daily Herald, March 1, 1990.
      • The bottom line is that people don't have the right to manipulate or to breed dogs and cats ... If people want toys they should buy inanimate objects. If they want companionship they should seek it with their own kind. --Ingrid Newkirk, President, PETA, "Animals," May/June 1993

But then, perhaps it is more accurate to say that the folks at PETA hates the idea of people other than themselves having pets. Numerous reporters that have gone to their offices to conduct interviews have commented on how many of the employees bring their pets to work with them.

PETA2.jpgPETA1.jpg
      President and co-founder of PETA Ingrid Newkirk with some of
      her pets um, animal companions -- that nobody else should have

But surely that's just an exception

PETA3.jpg
      PETA co-founder and former chairman Alex Pacheco with his... oh dear.
      We seem to have a trend here.

Finally, what is especially slimy is that PETA has repeatedly said that "it would have been in the animals' best interests if the institution of 'pet keeping'—i.e., breeding animals to be kept and regarded as 'pets'—never existed" but that responsible pet owners should adopt from pounds or animal shelters." But as we have seen in the "shelters" that PETA controls virtually no animals are allowed to survive long enough to be adopted. This more than anything else reveals what their true agenda is.
      Last edited by rogue06; 02-15-2015, 02:30 AM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I tried to set my dog free, so that he could enjoy his life in the wild. But he just sat on the porch looking pitiful till I let him back in. Then he wanted some bacon.

2014-01-25 12.53.37.jpg
        Last edited by Sparko; 02-15-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I tried to set my dog free, so that he could enjoy his life in the wild. But he just sat on the porch looking pitiful till I let him back in. Then he wanted some bacon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4013[/ATTACH]
          He was obviously worried that your sofa might float off if he wasn't there to hold it down.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            He was obviously worried that your sofa might float off if he wasn't there to hold it down.
            True. he is not a slave. He has a job to do. And I pay him with room and board. I wanted to give him a paycheck and make him go live on his own, but the bank refused to open a checking account for him.

Comment

Mutualistic reletionships FTW!
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I'm convinced...PETA is of the devil!
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

This is just speculation but I'm curious how many PETA members simultaneously believe all three of these:

1) Animals and humans have equal rights
                  2) Mass euthanization of healthy animals is okay
                  3) Capital punishment of humans is wrong
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I remember hearing a PETA person remark on the radio that, if he were driving down the street and a dog and a little boy ran into the street in front of him, and he had to make a choice between the boy and the dog, he would hit the boy. His reason was because he knew the boy would get immediate medical attention, but the dog would probably be shot.
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                      I remember hearing a PETA person remark on the radio that, if he were driving down the street and a dog and a little boy ran into the street in front of him, and he had to make a choice between the boy and the dog, he would hit the boy. His reason was because he knew the boy would get immediate medical attention, but the dog would probably be shot.
                      As Ingrid Newkirk, President and co-founder of PETA, is quoted as saying in the August 1, 1986 edition of Washingtonian magazine: "A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. They’re all animals."

Years later she repeated this sentiment with a bit of elaboration in the June 22, 2003 edition of The Observer: "Animal liberationists do not separate out the human animal, so there is no rational basis for saying that a human being has special rights. A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. They are all mammals."

IIRC, PETA's other co-founder Alex Pacheco repeated the "A rat is a pig, is a dog, is a boy" chant during an interview published in Vogue back in 1989.

Comment

That's only because you've brainwashed him into dependency on you, you abusive control freak.

Then again, I suspect they don't want women in abusive relationships put down for their own good. So much for the vaunted equality of animal and man.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

My eyes were blurry --- I thought you tried to set your dog on fire!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            As Ingrid Newkirk, President and co-founder of PETA, is quoted as saying in the August 1, 1986 edition of Washingtonian magazine: "A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. They’re all animals."

Years later she repeated this sentiment with a bit of elaboration in the June 22, 2003 edition of The Observer: "Animal liberationists do not separate out the human animal, so there is no rational basis for saying that a human being has special rights. A rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. They are all mammals."

IIRC, PETA's other co-founder Alex Pacheco repeated the "A rat is a pig, is a dog, is a boy" chant during an interview published in Vogue back in 1989.
                            so I wonder if they are for euthanizing children in orphanages?

Comment

so I wonder if they are for euthanizing children in orphanages?
                              Should we treat stray animals like orphaned children? Or orphaned children like PETA treats stray pets?
                              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                                Should we treat stray animals like orphaned children? Or orphaned children like PETA treats stray pets?
                                Or children with good homes like PETA treats pets with good homes.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X