Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Deer Repellant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    OK, I've heard lots of "home remedies" for keeping deer out of your yard, but what really works?

I've heard "go to the barber shop and sweep up the hair off the floor cause deer hate that smell".

I've heard you can plant certain flowers -- germaniums? And other "natural remedies".

Apparently, my deer have not been advised on the latest deer repeller technologies or methods, cause they keep eating Mrs. CP's flowers.

(Now, never mind the fact that she bought a bag of DEER CORN to put in the front yard several years ago so the grandkids could see deer up close and personal -- NOW she wants them to stay AWAY! Could be our deer are just really confused... "you invite me there, then you shoo me away?")

I'd like to stay with NATURAL remedies. (one of my favorites was "buy some panther (or cougar) pee, and sprinkle some around the garden)
    I hear the panther one works "60% of the time every time".

Leave a comment:

• Raphael
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    OK, I've heard lots of "home remedies" for keeping deer out of your yard, but what really works?

I've heard "go to the barber shop and sweep up the hair off the floor cause deer hate that smell".

I've heard you can plant certain flowers -- germaniums? And other "natural remedies".

Apparently, my deer have not been advised on the latest deer repeller technologies or methods, cause they keep eating Mrs. CP's flowers.

(Now, never mind the fact that she bought a bag of DEER CORN to put in the front yard several years ago so the grandkids could see deer up close and personal -- NOW she wants them to stay AWAY! Could be our deer are just really confused... "you invite me there, then you shoo me away?")

I'd like to stay with NATURAL remedies. (one of my favorites was "buy some panther (or cougar) pee, and sprinkle some around the garden)
    Get the lazy mutt in the photo to do his job

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    started a topic Deer Repellant

Deer Repellant

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X