Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Catch of the Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Mmmmmm.... just saw this....

I'll have to find my pics of the Redfish we caught in the Bay just inside the Gulf of Mexico.

The best part was that our fishing guide fileted them for us, and he can do it zip-zip fast, making the nicest filets.

Caught on a Saturday, Fish Fry Sunday afternoon.
    Would definitely like to see those.

I'm hoping to go fishing again sometime soon. Hopefully there will be more pictures, and of bigger fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      Would definitely like to see those.

I'm hoping to go fishing again sometime soon. Hopefully there will be more pictures, and of bigger fish.
      Yeah like this!

giant-catfish8.jpg

oops! don't look mossy!!!!

Comment

Don't lookify mossy!!

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Yeah like this!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6253[/ATTACH]

The largest catfish is known as Pangasianodon gigas, or the Mekong giant catfish is regarded as being the world's largest (entirely) freshwater fish and is said to be able to reach a size of 3 meters (9' 10") long and weigh up to 350 kg (770 lb). The largest confirmed Pangasianodon, caught was in Thailand in 2005, where it is known as Pla Buk, which essentially means "huge fish," and was 2.7 meters (8' 10") long and 293 kg (646 lb).

0000000000ng-gc.jpg
        Photo of record holder published
        in National Geographic

And a map showing where they live

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah like this!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6253[/ATTACH]

Those things would probably pull us in and eat us!

I'd still like to catch one around 4' like is said to have been in the pond at one point in the past.

Comment

Those things would probably pull us in and eat us!

I'd still like to catch one around 4' like is said to have been in the pond at one point in the past.
            you would probably need a boat to fish in the middle where it is deepest to catch one that big.

I have been reading about catfishing on some websites. Apparently everyone has a "secret bait and technique" that never fails to catch them
            And the bait varies all over the place: crawdads, worms, chicken livers, minnows, and even bubblegum! Other people say it doesn't matter what you use, they just hit by instinct so you have to get your bait to just about hit them on the head and they will snap it up. But everyone seems to agree that they like to stay on the bottom, hide in holes and brush, and like it cool, so shaded areas are the best.

Comment

you would probably need a boat to fish in the middle where it is deepest to catch one that big.

I have been reading about catfishing on some websites. Apparently everyone has a "secret bait and technique" that never fails to catch them
              And the bait varies all over the place: crawdads, worms, chicken livers, minnows, and even bubblegum! Other people say it doesn't matter what you use, they just hit by instinct so you have to get your bait to just about hit them on the head and they will snap it up. But everyone seems to agree that they like to stay on the bottom, hide in holes and brush, and like it cool, so shaded areas are the best.
              hot dog wieners
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

hot dog wieners
                Beef or pork? cooked or uncooked?

Yeah I heard that one too. I think the best way would be to train the catfish what to like. We could talk the pond owner to toss in something that the catfish would like but the other fish don't. And keep doing that for a week or two. Then all of the catfish would be used to that bait and probably be waiting in one place for more. Then all we have to do is scoop em out!

Comment

Apparently that big one was caught while fishing on the shore. He said he had to walk around the whole pond(maybe more than once) while fighting to bring it in. So, we don't need a boat, but it would probably help.

That's why I like to cast by that big downed tree. Lot's of shade down there for them. Oh, and bubblegum? Seriously!?

Still, the one I hear works great is chicken gizzards coated in powdered Kool-Aid.

Comment

Yeah I heard that one too. I think the best way would be to train the catfish what to like. We could talk the pond owner to toss in something that the catfish would like but the other fish don't. And keep doing that for a week or two. Then all of the catfish would be used to that bait and probably be waiting in one place for more. Then all we have to do is scoop em out!
                    I'm not going to go noodling!

Comment

I'm not going to go noodling!
                      Me neither. that snapping turtle would probably get us first!

Comment

Yes

(it really didn't matter)

The only problem with hot dog wieners is that the turtles loved them too.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes

(it really didn't matter)

The only problem with hot dog wieners is that the turtles loved them too.

I once caught one that was somewhere between 1' and 2' in diameter, closer to the latter.

Comment

I once caught one that was somewhere between 1' and 2' in diameter, closer to the latter.
                            Yeah, it's fun to try to get them unhooked. They're usually not very amused.

Comment

Yeah, it's fun to try to get them unhooked. They're usually not very amused.
                              That's usually where the cutter pliers come in.

Comment

Me neither. that snapping turtle would probably get us first!
                                Yeah, that, or who knows what else might be lurking down there.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X