Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

New to fishing, and getting my bait stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing in Alaska

Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      Fishing in Alaska

I thought this was how y'all fished

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That part comes later when the bear tries to take the fish.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Fishing in Alaska

[ATTACH=CONFIG]633[/ATTACH]
          Doesn't work.

Comment

I don't know Cere it works for me, but I still only get the attachment note, not the picture. When I preview I see the picture, but when I see it in the post it is just the attachment # thingy. Others seem to get an actual picture without having to hit the link. "Tis a puzzlement."

Comment

I don't know Cere it works for me, but I still only get the attachment note, not the picture. When I preview I see the picture, but when I see it in the post it is just the attachment # thingy. Others seem to get an actual picture without having to hit the link. "Tis a puzzlement."
              The techies need to fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                The techies need to fix this.
                Do you get the picture when you hit the link?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                  Doesn't work.
                  Does for me, but I posted in in #62 just in case some had problems.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm about to leave to go fishing
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      I'm about to leave to go fishing
                      Put up some pics if you catch anything.

Comment

I didn't catch anything. I'm starting to get really frustrated; I've gone about 15 times and have caught a grand total of one fish. I've tried all different combinations of tackle and bait... nothing.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I didn't catch anything. I'm starting to get really frustrated; I've gone about 15 times and have caught a grand total of one fish. I've tried all different combinations of tackle and bait... nothing.
                          What time are you fishing? Usually the best times are early morning and around dusk. The only problem with fishing at dusk is the mosquitos. Early morning is typically the best time to fish for bottom and middle feeders because the water at the bottom is usually cold, and they are coming up toward the surface some to the warmer waters. Mid day, especially during the summer months, the water is usually too warm, and they swim lower and eat less. Fish around 8:30 or 9 until lunch time, then consider fishing with floating bait and small hooks in the afternoon to catch smaller top feeders.

Oh, and that's why they call it "fishing" and not "catching"
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            What time are you fishing? Usually the best times are early morning and around dusk. The only problem with fishing at dusk is the mosquitos. Early morning is typically the best time to fish for bottom and middle feeders because the water at the bottom is usually cold, and they are coming up toward the surface some to the warmer waters. Mid day, especially during the summer months, the water is usually too warm, and they swim lower and eat less. Fish around 8:30 or 9 until lunch time, then consider fishing with floating bait and small hooks in the afternoon to catch smaller top feeders.

Oh, and that's why they call it "fishing" and not "catching"
                            I've been doing most of my fishing in about the hour before sunset. I'll have to set a morning to wake myself up and try then. How early would you recommend getting out there? (There's a lake right by where I live so it would be convenient enough).

Thanks for the help, by the way.

Comment

I've been doing most of my fishing in about the hour before sunset. I'll have to set a morning to wake myself up and try then. How early would you recommend getting out there? (There's a lake right by where I live so it would be convenient enough).
                              Around 8 ish.
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X