Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Bird Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird Nest

Talking about the birds and the bees (the latter of which are at my place of work)...

It can be a bit hard to see. I think the baby bird has a big beak and two tiny dots of eyes.

BabyBirdNest.jpg

I think I see it better now.

There is a bluish dot which I thought was a dark beak. Now I see a yellowish beak that are between two little dots that appear to be the eyes -- all this is to the left of the blue dot.

To the bottom right, there may be another beak. But I can't see the eyes.

Comment

Do you know what kind of bird it is?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The two birds are looking toward the right. The one to the left shows sort of an arc on the side of its head.

The other one's head appears but the eyes can't be seen, only the beak. I'm not quite as sure of this guy's position, since a video shows him facing to the left.

Here's an enhanced image.
        BirdNest2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Do you know what kind of bird it is?
          No I don't. I think the mother was 3 -5 inches tall, so it is pretty small.

The nest is positioned on the trim above my bedroom window. That is why i have access for taking some pictures.

Comment

Video of the birds

I think the video showed the birds better on my desktop computer. Sorry it is not very good.

I made a comment that the birds looked like they were covered over with something. That was my first impression looking at the phone while getting this video.
            Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-11-2020, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              No I don't. I think the mother was 3 -5 inches tall, so it is pretty small.

The nest is positioned on the trim above my bedroom window. That is why i have access for taking some pictures.
              That's a fairly large nest as shown in your video. Take more pics as time goes by? I'd love to know the bird!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Another picture and a video
                BirdNest5zoom.jpg

Comment

My babies have grown so much.

June23BirdInNest.jpg

Here's another picture where I highlighted the birds
                  BirdsJune23Highlighte.jpg

Comment

No mama bird yet?
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

My babies have grown so much.

June23BirdInNest.jpg

Here's another picture where I highlighted the birds
                      BirdsJune23Highlighte.jpg

Enhanced contrast
                      BirsJune23Highlight2.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        No mama bird yet?
                        Mama has to go to work to feed the babies. I didn't see her flying away today.

Comment

Still hard to tell what they are, yet.

Thanks for updating!

Comment

Their old nest fell over. This is maybe the third or fourth nest. They have about 1.5 to 2" of wood to build this on.

I'm not quite sure, but the bird on the left could be the mother bird. Both birds I distinguish here appear to be with their backs to the camera.
                            Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-23-2020, 05:11 PM.

Comment

No more pictures. They flew the coop.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X