Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Jedidiah Memorial Bee Hive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedidiah Memorial Bee Hive

We have bees that seemed to make their home under an irrigation control cover at work. I've named this the Jedidiah Memorial Bee Hive.

I don't know if people will be friendly to the new hive, so someone may need to call a beekeeper to relocate these bees.

neat
    Jed would like that.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      We have bees that seemed to make their home under an irrigation control cover at work. I've named this the Jedidiah Memorial Bee Hive.

I don't know if people will be friendly to the new hive, so someone may need to call a beekeeper to relocate these bees.
      Relocation would be ideal so the hive can be placed somewhere safer. Call a beekeeper ASAP.
      Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

I have had a swarm of bees going across the front of my home. This has happened twice in the last several days.

They are reminders of the Jedidiah Memorial Bee Hive.

Comment

I have had a swarm of bees going across the front of my home. This has happened twice in the last several days.
          Cool. We had 6 inches of fresh snow overnight.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Great news. Are these events interrelated?

Comment

Great news. Are these events interrelated?
              Yes, you need to send those bees here so that we will finally have spring!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Do you sometimes get old snow?
                Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                  Do you sometimes get old snow?
                  There's a whack of it still out there. From last fall.

Comment

There's a whack of it still out there. From last fall.

We have some new snow on local mountains from recent storms. But, today is warm and sunny.

Hopefully I can check on the bees some day soon. However, I'm not supposed to go into the office without special permission.

Comment

I checked with a co-worker who still goes to the office. The beehive is doing very well. I'm not sure why the beekeepers never came by.

Early on I had to remove a rock that blocked access to the hive. I think the gardeners did that for their comfort in the situation. Maybe I can check on the bees tomorrow or Sunday.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X