Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Maltese dog's tear stains

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Maltese dog's tear stains

    I have a cute male Maltese with dichromatic eyes. He has awful tear stains on his face. I have tried every trick and product known to PetSmart that doesn't require 3-4 times a day activity. Any ideas on how to whiten his facial fur?
    That's what
    - She

    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    Stephen R. Donaldson

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I have a cute male Maltese with dichromatic eyes. He has awful tear stains on his face. I have tried every trick and product known to PetSmart that doesn't require 3-4 times a day activity. Any ideas on how to whiten his facial fur?
    Not in close proximity to his eyes, no.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?

    Comment


    • #3
      Dip his head in bleach.

      J/k

      But Taz used to get spit stains on his white paws from licking them so much and when I took him to get groomed at petsmart they used something on his feet to get rid of the stains. I have no idea what it was.

      Or you could just die his whole body brown and be done with it


      Comment


      • #4
        Dye!



        Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Dye!

          she hates me!

          Comment


          • #6


            Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

            Comment


            • #7
              The real question here is why is Bill making his dog cry?

              Comment


              • #8
                My cat sometimes gets a watery glassy eye. I dilute 1 teaspoon of salt with half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a quarter cup of boiled water and when lukewarm, I soak cotton-wool balls and squeeze out and swab from the inner corner of his eyes to the outer corners. I use separate swabs for each eye. It works so well I seldom have to do it twice in a row.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  I have a cute male Maltese with dichromatic eyes. He has awful tear stains on his face. I have tried every trick and product known to PetSmart that doesn't require 3-4 times a day activity. Any ideas on how to whiten his facial fur?
                  One of my sisters worked as a dog groomer for a while. I asked her for recommendations and she asked what food you feed your dog.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Esther View Post
                    My cat sometimes gets a watery glassy eye. I dilute 1 teaspoon of salt with half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a quarter cup of boiled water and when lukewarm, I soak cotton-wool balls and squeeze out and swab from the inner corner of his eyes to the outer corners. I use separate swabs for each eye. It works so well I seldom have to do it twice in a row.
                    Either you have an abnormally tolerant cat, or you left out the part where several people have to hold him down for this procedure.
                    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                      One of my sisters worked as a dog groomer for a while. I asked her for recommendations and she asked what food you feed your dog.
                      Science Diet kibble for small dogs.
                      That's what
                      - She

                      Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                      I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      Stephen R. Donaldson

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        The real question here is why is Bill making his dog cry?
                        He has allergies.
                        That's what
                        - She

                        Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                        I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        Stephen R. Donaldson

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          He has allergies.
                          A likely story.

                          You are making your dog cry and now you want to cover up the evidence!

                          You are a BAD cat!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            A likely story.

                            You are making your dog cry and now you want to cover up the evidence!

                            You are a BAD cat!
                            That's beside the point
                            That's what
                            - She

                            Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                            I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            Stephen R. Donaldson

                            Comment

                            widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X