Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

There'll Never Be Another Secretariat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There'll Never Be Another Secretariat...

..but could we have a Triple Crown winner this year? Kentucky Derby will run tomorrow.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

I live a few miles from the track. I am open to bribes to fix the derby.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      ..but could we have a Triple Crown winner this year? Kentucky Derby will run tomorrow.
      There were two Triple Crown winners shortly after Secretariat (Seattle Slew and Affirmed) though none in over 30 years since. Of course there was a nearly 30 year long gap before Secretariat won in 1973.

I grew up near the stables that produced two Triple Crown winners during the 30s.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The Kentucky Derby should really be called "The place of fancy hats"
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Secretariat's time records for the Triple Crown remain unbroken, and nobody has come close to beating his whopping 31 length victory in the Belmont.

Comment

Sparko: LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              The Kentucky Derby should really be called "The place of fancy hats"
              I know, huh? My theory is they're copying the British tradition of weird dress at the Ascot.

Comment

Wow! California Chrome is the next Triple Crown hopeful! His form looks good...we'll see! It would be awesome to have a California horse take the Triple Crown!

Comment

Secretariat? California Chrome? Why do people insist on giving horses names that makes one cringe in embarassment just by reading them?
                  Last edited by JonathanL; 05-18-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Maybe because of the racing commission. All official names have to be approved by them. If I remember correctly, it took months to get them to accept a name for the horse now known as Secretariat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                      Secretariat? California Chrome? Why do people insist on giving horses names that makes on cringe in embarassment just by reading them?
                      Watch any of the major dog shows like Westminster and you'll see similar unusual names.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Watch any of the major dog shows like Westminster and you'll see similar unusual names.
                        Chrawnus would make a good name for a horse.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Nah.

But His Eminence Chrawnus the Grandmeister would.

Comment

Why do people insist on giving horses names that makes one cringe in embarassment just by reading them?
                            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Nah.

But His Eminence Chrawnus the Grandmeister would.

Comment

Hmmm.....California Chrome has some good bloodlines ... He's descended from AP Indy who in turn is connected to Seattle Slew and Secretariat, who were cousins through Bold Ruler. On his mother's side there's Weekend Surprise, one of Secretariat's greatest daughters. Maybe that came together just right.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X