Announcement

Collapse

Perissos Resources

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Lynn Erhorn is a licensed Christian Counselor with our Sister Site, Perissos Resources. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support this site. Here, Lynn offers her counseling "Minute Clinic," where you may ask questions and receive her professional response. Think of this forum as a Christian "Dear Abby." Please remember this forum is not intended as a full-service counseling solution and should not be considered a replacement for crisis intervention, medical care, or psychological/psychiatric advice. The reader is fully responsible for their response to anything read here and is encouraged to seek appropriate local resources appropriate for their needs. Lynn's license is in Pastoral Counseling and the thoughts expressed here are entirely her own, as she believes the Holy Spirit has led her. Your comments to those posing questions should be respectful and gracious at all times.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here
See more
See less

Social Media Conduct: What's Your Policy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Media Conduct: What's Your Policy?

I posted this article on the Perissos Resources Facebook page today. This thread is an invitation to open discussion about the parameters you set for yourself when participating on social media sites. TWeb counts as one of those. Tell me which sites you use regularly, how you make decisions about what you post, what you view, and who you friend. No spam, please.
    sigpic
    "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Basically the only site other than tweb that I post to is Facebook (very rarely to google+)
    I post only to my friends, and mostly about silly stuff, the weather, politics, and such. Mostly I keep in touch with family and friends I don't see that often.

Comment

1) I don't spew hate messages and I don't participate in them
      2) I don't gossip (well maybe a little)
      3) I try REALLY hard not to say something I'll regret later
      4) I don't say something or do something an employer could use against me
      5) I don't do anything illegal
      6) I only friend people I know or know who they are. If someone wants to be in they life I need to know they aren't dangerous. For this reason, there are some people that have been in and out of my life that I will not let on my social media sites.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

One thing I think the article should have included: "Is it true?"
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

amen to that. I wish people would do a little research before sharing stuff on facebook or elsewhere.

Comment

I'm gonna modify Catholicity's list for myself since it makes a good template

1) I spew hate messages and I participate in them. I highly recommend that everyone find a web site with no manners, decorum or the least bit of humanity in its membership. It's highly cathartic.
            2) I don't gossip
            3) I TRY really hard not to say something I'll regret later. Emphasis on try.
            6) I friended a ton of people for facebook games. I'd sooner friend a stranger than someone I know in real life.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              One thing I think the article should have included: "Is it true?"
              we need the Amen button
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                I'm gonna modify Catholicity's list for myself since it makes a good template

1) I spew hate messages and I participate in them. I highly recommend that everyone find a web site with no manners, decorum or the least bit of humanity in its membership. It's highly cathartic.
                2) I don't gossip
                3) I TRY really hard not to say something I'll regret later. Emphasis on try.
                6) I friended a ton of people for facebook games. I'd sooner friend a stranger than someone I know in real life.
                Curious about how you reconcile 1) with 4).

I have friends on social media from family, business, and faith arenas, some of whom I only know casually. So, I do nothing there I wouldn't do in a public setting. I say nothing there I wouldn't publicly announce. I consider social media somewhat of an accountability partner. If I have to think it through before posting it, I think everyone wins.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JardinPrayer

Maybe #1 is part of his job.

Comment

I want to know how he reconciles number one with claiming to be a Christian. The two just don't mesh.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                      I want to know how he reconciles number one with claiming to be a Christian. The two just don't mesh.
                      Certainly a reasonable question.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post

I have friends on social media from family, business, and faith arenas, some of whom I only know casually. So, I do nothing there I wouldn't do in a public setting. I say nothing there I wouldn't publicly announce. I consider social media somewhat of an accountability partner. If I have to think it through before posting it, I think everyone wins.
                        Probably using different definitions of social media. I consider message boards social media too. My real name is limited to light snark.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

My real name is limited to light snark.
                          Seymour Buttz?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                            Probably using different definitions of social media. I consider message boards social media too. My real name is limited to light snark.
                            I consider message boards to be social media, as well. But whatever name you're using, you're still representing Christ. So, I defer to Catholicity's question. How does spewing hate glorfy God?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
                              I consider message boards to be social media, as well. But whatever name you're using, you're still representing Christ. So, I defer to Catholicity's question. How does spewing hate glorfy God?
                              Since I am determined to let Catholicity sputter her hypocrisy to herself I must decline from answering the question.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X