Announcement

Collapse

Perissos Resources

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Lynn Erhorn is a licensed Christian Counselor with our Sister Site, Perissos Resources. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support this site. Here, Lynn offers her counseling "Minute Clinic," where you may ask questions and receive her professional response. Think of this forum as a Christian "Dear Abby." Please remember this forum is not intended as a full-service counseling solution and should not be considered a replacement for crisis intervention, medical care, or psychological/psychiatric advice. The reader is fully responsible for their response to anything read here and is encouraged to seek appropriate local resources appropriate for their needs. Lynn's license is in Pastoral Counseling and the thoughts expressed here are entirely her own, as she believes the Holy Spirit has led her. Your comments to those posing questions should be respectful and gracious at all times.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here
See more
See less

Psychiatric Help 5 Cents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychiatric Help 5 Cents

Dee Dee is working on the guidelines for this forum, so this will be redundant once that's completed. But, since the forum is new, I wanted to personally welcome you and tell you a little bit about the theme here.

Perissos Resources on TWeb is designed to serve as a "Minute Clinic," where you may ask questions and receive my response. Think of this forum as a Christian "Dear Abby." I'm a licensed Pastoral Counselor and Certified Christian Life Coach, so my responses come from this perspective.

Please remember this forum is not intended as a full-service counseling solution and should not be considered a replacement for crisis intervention, medical care, or psychological/psychiatric advice. The reader is fully responsible for their response to anything read here and is encouraged to seek appropriate local resources appropriate for their health and wellness needs.

Your comments to those posing questions should be respectful and gracious at all times, though these threads aren't intended for lengthy discussion and certainly not or debate.

So, who would like to step us with the first question? The counselor is in!
    sigpic
    "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Great Lucy is offering counseling.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I hear voices in my head that keep telling me to send you all my money. should I ignore them or unplug the loudspeakers you set up?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Comment

Can I borrow a nickel?
        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          I hear voices in my head that keep telling me to send you all my money. should I ignore them or unplug the loudspeakers you set up?
          Teallaura:

Voices in the head may be a sign of serious psychosis. Please do not ignore this symptom. I urge you to consult a psychiatric professional as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please remember that God can and does perform miracles. If you send me all your money, I'll put in a good word for you.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Can I borrow a nickel?
            This is and a blatant misuse of this forum.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
              Teallaura:

Voices in the head may be a sign of serious psychosis. Please do not ignore this symptom. I urge you to consult a psychiatric professional as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please remember that God can and does perform miracles. If you send me all your money, I'll put in a good word for you.
              Which just goes to show -- I needs hep!
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Comment

Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
                This is and a blatant misuse of this forum.

Wow, THAT was weird -- I tried to quote the above, and quoted Teal instead!!!!! But I STILL needs hep, and needs a nickel to pay fer it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Those are actually my squirrels whispering in your ear and telling you to send me your bacon. I can't blame you for misunderstanding it though. "Squee-skwik, squeeetk, squeek" does sound a lot like "Squee-squik sqeeeetk, squeek" to the untrained ear.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Oh no, I added the squirrels to my new coat last week. Could you send about ten more? I'm almost finished...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Was I yelling at you? I can't remember on account of I'm totally charmed and goofily grining at that video. Here's a nickel!
                        sigpic

Comment

Just to be clear, I'm going to allow spam in this forum in this thread and this thread alone.

Do not test me.
                          sigpic

Comment

Dearest Jardin:

Sometimes when I'm watching television I see people in night clubs and at parties really enjoying themselves and I'm usually home alone, brushing my cats, wondering why I exist.

Is this normal?

Love,

Trout
                            The last Christian left at tweb

Comment

Originally posted by Trout View Post
                              Dearest Jardin:

Sometimes when I'm watching television I see people in night clubs and at parties really enjoying themselves and I'm usually home alone, brushing my cats, wondering why I exist.

Is this normal?

Love,

Trout
                              Dear Trout:

"Normal," is a difficult term, wouldn't you agree? I encourage you to remember your identity is in Christ and, as such, you are in this world but not of it. In that regard, I would have to say that it is perfectly "normal" not to feel "normal," because you are not a citizen of this world. Rejoice, I say, in your doubts of normalcy.

It is also important to note that God has given us dominion over all the creatures of the earth and, as such, the amount of time spent brushing your cat is directly related to the size of your reward in heaven.

I trust your concerns have been allayed.

Blessings,

Lynn
                              sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X