Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 08/27/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 08/27/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    Getting in God’s Box…

“And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you!” (Exodus 3:14, AMP)

One day St. Augustine was walking along a shoreline contemplating God after several minutes he came across a small boy carrying a small bucket running between the ocean and a hole he’d dug in the sand. Watching him for several minutes Augustine became puzzled and asked him what he was doing. The boy told him he was putting the ocean into the hole he’d dug. Augustine chuckled and told the boy that was impossible that the ocean was too big. Without stopping the boy looked Augustine straight in the eyes and told him God was too big to put into his mind. Augustine surprised at the answer turned walked away then suddenly he turned to ask the boy another question but he was gone.

In our “take it apart and find out what makes it tick” world where everything needs to fit neatly in a box try as we might but the Great I am will never fit in any box. So in my simplistic way of thinking it might prove more feasible for us to put ourselves in God’s box rather than trying to put him in ours. Does that make sense to you?

If you’re curious as to what God’s box looks like it doesn’t have four sides a top and bottom. God’s box has two arm, two legs, one head, one neck, one torso, and strangely enough looks just like Jesus! Stranger even then that it is Jesus! Once you’ve put your life in Jesus’ hands you’ve entered God’s box. And there’s one thing you can take with you for the rest of your life GOD TAKES CARE OF THOSE WHO LIVE IN HIS BOX!

Life offers us many boxes but GOD’S BOX is the one that really matters.

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Scriptures marked AMP have been taken from The Amplified Bible., Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987. La Habra, CA: The Lockman Foundation. All rights reserved.

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X