Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 07/21/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 07/21/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise

A mustard seed, outer space, God, and you…

I've a simple quiz for you. Ready? What is as large or larger then the vastness of outer space yet as small as a mustard seed?

“Then Jesus said, “How can I show you what the kingdom of God is like? What story can I use to explain it? The kingdom of God is like a mustard seed, the smallest seed you plant in the ground. But when planted, this seed grows and becomes the largest of all garden plants. It produces large branches, and the wild birds can make nests in its shade.”” (Mark 4:30–32, NCV)

“Jesus answered, “Because your faith is too small. I tell you the truth, if your faith is as big as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. All things will be possible for you.” (Matthew 17:20, NCV)

If you answered the kingdom of God and faith you get an A+ an atta boy or atta girl plus a gold star. Now here's another quiz that maybe a bit harder. Ready? What is a great deal smaller than the vastness of outer space and yet larger than a mustard seed? If you said the kingdom of God and faith you'd be wrong. Sure they'd fit as answers but since it's my quiz you need to go by my answer. Now, if you answered, “me,” you get an A+ an atta boy or atta girl plus a gold star.

One of the points Jesus was making in using a mustard seed is size may matter to us but it doesn't matter to God. I know in my own life the storms now raging in my own life seem to out size me a thousand times over. Did you know there's always a storm raging somewhere in our life? The story of David and Goliath plays itself out in our lives everyday, you may not want to hear that but it true. I'm not trying to walk on the negative side of life I am trying to get life out in the open where if given the chance God can take negative experiences and turn them into positive ones. I know you've heard the phrase, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” But my friend, you've never tasted lemonade until you've tasted the Lemonade God makes when he crushes the lemons life gives you.

A friend came by yesterday dwarfed by feelings of inadequacy, feeling like “Atlas, holding weight of the world on her shoulders” she came seeking the touch of friendship and of God. Because we've “tasted God's Lemonade” she found both. Living is not about how big or small you are, it's not about how big your storms are, living is about how big your God is! If your God is bigger than the vastness of outer space then your storms will be as small as a mustard seed. You have Jesus' word on it!

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!

Gary

“I pray that the Lord will bless your life and will be kind to you.” (2 Timothy 4:22, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

"Scriptures quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."

Amen Gary!!! This is something I've gotta learn.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X