Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 07/17/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LostSheep
    replied
    Amen Gary!

Leave a comment:

• Crusty Christian
    started a topic Glory Seed Devotional, 07/17/2015

Glory Seed Devotional, 07/17/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise

A gentle reminder to…

“But Jesus answered, “They don’t need to go away. You give them something to eat.” They said to him, “But we have only five loaves of bread and two fish.”” (Matthew 14:16–17, NCV)

“But I have ONLY _______!” Unless those 4 words are followed by God they are among the most deadly words in our vocabulary. We overcome the problems we face not just because of us but primarily because God works in us, through His Spirit. “I am able to do all things by the one who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13, LEB) But that's nothing new to you, God has been helping you with your problems for years and you know! Don't you?

Get quiet for a couple of minutes silence yourself (you don't need to be in a sound proof room) put on you “thinking cap” look in the “rear view mirror” of your memory and think about this. “I remember when I was at the end of my rope and I prayed for God's help then let go God sent the Holy Spirit to strengthen and bless me.”

For me one of God's favorite and powerful answers to my prayer for help is, “Don't give up you are not alone.” Time and again those 7 words have gotten me through some of the darkest periods of my life. And I have come to treasure the words of Isaiah deep in my heart. “Those who walked in the dark have seen a bright light. And it shines upon everyone who lives in the land of darkest shadows.” (Isaiah 9:2 CEV)

Although I will admit there have been many times when the “bright light” has been a small flickering candle but then these words of Isaiah are embedded in my heart as well. “Here is my servant! I have made him strong. He is my chosen one; I am pleased with him. I have given him my Spirit, and he will bring justice to the nations. He won't shout or yell or call out in the streets. He won't break off a bent reed or put out a dying flame, but he will make sure that justice is done.” (Isaiah 42:1-3 CEV)

Once your mind is centered on how God has impacted your life follow the advice of the Psalmist. “Shout praises to the Lord! Praise God in his temple. Praise him in heaven, his mighty fortress. Praise our God! His deeds are wonderful, too marvelous to describe.” (Psalm 150:1–2, CEV)

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!

Gary

“I pray that the Lord will bless your life and will be kind to you.” (2 Timothy 4:22, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

Scripture quotations marked (LEB) are from the Lexham English Bible. Copyright 2012 Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X