Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 05/05/2015 07/13/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 05/05/2015 07/13/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise

Jesus, I need your heart…

My mother was a bread baker! She could make a loaf of bread that would make your mouth water for another piece. She was even featured in our local newspaper for her ability to bake bread. Whenever there was a bake sale at church her loaves would not only go quickly but she’d get orders for more.

As a kid I’d be coming into the kitchen and she’d be beating a huge bowl of bread dough. “Beating the bread mom,” I’d comment. She’d correct me and tell me that she was actually kneading it. Then she’d tell me kneading the bread to much would make the bread tough.

Kneading bread dough and life have something in common if you beat bread dough to long it will become tough. The continued physical, emotional, and spiritual beatings we take in life will harden our hearts turning it to stone. A stony heart is a lonely heart. A stony heart is not a peaceful heart. A stony heart is a greedy heart. A stony heart is a prideful heart. A stony heart is an unforgiving heart. A stony heart is a dead heart. A stony heart yearning for a deepening relationship with Jesus!

God does not want you to have a stony heart he wants you to have a heart like Jesus’ heart he wants you to have a heart of flesh, a heart filled with life Jesus’ life! Chapter 36 of Ezekiel tells us God is willing to give us a heart like Jesus. “...I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. I will cleanse you from all your uncleanness and your idols. Also, I will teach you to respect me completely, and I will put a new way of thinking inside you. I will take out the stubborn hearts of stone from your bodies, and I will give you obedient hearts of flesh. I will put my Spirit inside you and help you live by my rules and carefully obey my laws.” (Ezekiel 36:25–27, NCV)

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!

Gary

“I pray that the Lord will bless your life and will be kind to you.” (2 Timothy 4:22, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

"Scriptures quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X