Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise

Taking that first step…

Life is an adventure.

Life is a journey of faith.

Life is always on the edge of new beginnings. A woman just diagnosed with breast cancer must begin a new life. A widower must begin a new life. A newly retired person must begin a new life. A high school graduate must begin a new life. Newly weds must begin a new life. And the list goes on and on.

For some taking that first step into a new lifestyle is nearly impossible. When learning to ride a bike the hardest part of falling isn’t the fall or the sudden stop when you hit the ground but getting back on it!

I remember lyrics from a song from years back that go something like this, “Put your hand in the hand of the man that walks on the Sea of Galilee.” And I am reminded of the Apostle Paul’s personal testimony, “I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:31)

One of the hardest first steps of my life occurred when my Orthopedic Surgeon told me following my first hip replacement surgery I no longer needed the crutches. So if you’ve fallen or if you’ve suddenly found your life has changed and you are dreading that first step then say a short prayer, “Jesus, I need help with not only the first step but all the rest of them as well.” Then if you’re patient and quiet you hear him say, “Let’s go for a walk!” And when he does put your hand in the hand of the man that walked across the Sea of Galilee and into your life.

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!

Gary

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”