Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 07/07/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 07/07/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    Faith, an experience waiting to happen…

“What can an honest person do when everything crumbles?" (Psalms 11:3 CEV) For the person who believes in God the answer is rhetorical – When everything crumbles you turn to God in prayer. That's simple enough isn't it? It is simple until you come face-to-faith in the fact that Jesus prayed so hard his perspiration turned to blood for the “cup of the crucifixion” be taken away and it wasn't. There are times when we read about Jesus praying in the garden the night of his arrest yet it's direct impact on our lives doesn't really sink in.

Jesus prayed the storm raging in his life at that moment in time would go away, but it didn't. Does that have a familiar ring? Ever prayed a loved one wouldn't die and they died anyway? Ever prayed a difficult situation would go away and it didn't? Ever prayed for peace in your life and it only resulted in further conflict? Ever prayed a health issue would be resolved and it hasn't?

My guess is you could say, “Yes,” to one or more of those questions. I know I have. And my guess is someone has come along and said something like this, “Well all you have to do is have a little faith.” And we all know how true that is and we all know that having faith in the face of adversity is easier said than experienced, isn't it? But the truth is YOU CAN DO IT! Because Jesus did it YOU CAN TOO! Sure Jesus was the Christ and you're not but the same Spirit that was in Jesus is in you!

“Jesus said to his disciples (and to YOU): If you love me, you will do as I command. Then I will ask the Father to send you the Holy Spirit who will help you and always be with you. The Spirit will show you what is true. The people of this world cannot accept the Spirit, because they don’t see or know him. But you know the Spirit, who is with you and will keep on living in you.” (John 14:15–17, CEV)

The Holy Spirit is just as real as you are, in fact the Holy Spirit is MORE real than are your adversities. When Jesus' prayer went unanswered he didn't experience the goodness of God until 3 days later and you need to consider and remember this about acting in faith – Jesus never experienced “the fruit” of his sacrifice for you until the day you accepted him as your Savior over two thousand years later! Jesus waiting over two thousand years now that's faith!

Faith while exercised in the present is an experience waiting to happen!

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

“I pray that the Lord will bless your life and will be kind to you.” (2 Timothy 4:22, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X