Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 06/24/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 06/24/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise

God at work!

At some point you've probably been exposed to the humor of - “Work! I can sit and watch it all day!” But have you ever stopped consider those 10 words as a two sided coin? I haven't until the Holy Spirit “tripped” me with this question. “God gives you his Spirit and works miracles in you. But does he do this because you obey the Law of Moses or because you have heard about Christ and have faith in him?” (Galatians 3:5 CEV)

I've believed in hard work all my life and I have patterned my life after my grandfather who was both a factory worker by night and a farmer by day and my father who went from being a factory worker to owning his own business. But life has taught me over the years there are times when all I can do is sit quietly exercise faith and watch God at work in my life.

Unlike my father-in-law, Ivon Booth who had the patience of “Job” the hardest part about exercising faith for me is waiting. Isaiah writes (remember “God... works miracles in you”), “I am creating something new. There it is! Do you see it? I have put roads in deserts, streams in thirsty lands.” (Isaiah 43:19, CEV) I believe in each and every one of those 23 words but in response to God's promise I find myself praying, “Sorry, God at this time I am unable to see what you're doing but because you said it I will believe you without seeing please replace my impatience with patience.”

There are times when our lives are like days spent at sea. I remember standing on the deck of the USS Newman K. Perry and watching from the fantail the coastline of Panama disappear. Day after day there was nothing on the horizon but more ocean and then as long expected one day the Hawaiian Islands appeared on the horizon. Life is like that one day there's nothing then as promised God gets us to where we need to be.

This morning the Holy Spirit is saying, “God is creating something new. If you can't see it yet put your trust in me and believe because I can see the roads God is making in deserts, I can see the refreshing and life giving streams flowing freely from God's heart.”

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!

Gary

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X