Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 02/07/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 02/07/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    A conversation with God…

Are you here God? Things have gotten a little out of hand and we really would like to experience the peace and security that our relationship with you can bless us? Please pour out your Holy Spirit on us?

“In the book of Isaiah the Prophet I promised, ‘Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.’” (Isaiah 41:10 MSG)

With all due respect LORD that sounds real good coming from the Bible, but we don’t live our lives in the Bible we live in a real world where our emotional, mental, and spiritual lives are becoming weaker and weaker because of circumstances beyond our control. We need you LORD more than ever!

“You don’t understand, ‘Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.’” (Isaiah 41:10 MSG)

But God you don’t understand? Things are not changing if you are strengthening us why do things remain the same? Shouldn’t we see a difference in the world in which we live?

“In the book of the Prophet Ezekiel I promised you, ‘I'll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I'll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that's God-willed, not self-willed. I'll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands.’” (Ezekiel 36:26-27 MSG)

We sometimes get the impression that God is about making changes in the world when in fact he is about changing our lives. He is only able to do that internally changing us from the inside out as pointed out by the Apostle Paul in his writings. “Don't become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.” (Romans 12:2 MSG)

The doctors can fix a troubled heart from the outside, only God can fix a troubled life from the inside by transforming our heart for Jesus’ heart. We can help in the process by not only spending time in the Bible but also with through the Holy Spirit spending time with God where the Bible becomes real.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end—” (Isaiah 43:2, The Message)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked MSG have been taken from THE MESSAGE. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X