Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise

And the future starts now!

“What a God we have! And how fortunate we are to have him, this Father of our Master Jesus! Because Jesus was raised from the dead, we’ve been given a brand-new life and have everything to live for, including a future in heaven—and the future starts now!” (1 Peter 1:3–4, The Message)

“The same Jesus who brought heaven to earth, and then reconciled us to God, now brings heaven into your life. And as a result, even though your feet are yet firmly planted upon the ground, your spirit soars to heights of glory as you hear God’s voice, see His wonders, learn His Word, experience His power, and fulfill His purposes in your life.” (James Rylie)

God has a better plan for your future! Sure you had some pretty rough days over the past few years (or more) but they have not been for nothing instead they have been preparing you for a blessed future yet to come. “And the future starts now!” The Psalmist provides us insight into what the LORD has been doing in and with our life. “Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day. Your thoughts--how rare, how beautiful! God, I'll never comprehend them! I couldn't even begin to count them-- any more than I could count the sand of the sea. Oh, let me rise in the morning and live always with you!” (Psalms 139:16-18 MSG)

The greatest hope anyone can have is to live in the presence of God and the Holy Spirit is working feverishly and tirelessly behind the scenes to make it happen. God and the future are awaiting to hear, “Let me rise in the morning and live always with you,” from you. I can't promise you what the future will look like but I can promise you “a brand-new life and you'll have everything to live for, including a future in heaven.”

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!

Gary

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

“Scriptures marked MSG have been taken from THE MESSAGE. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.”