Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 06/15/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 06/15/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise

God is a “I WILL do” God…

“When the poor and needy search for water and there is none, and their tongues are parched from thirst, then I, the LORD, will answer them. I, the God of Israel, will never abandon them. I will open up rivers for them on the high plateaus. I will give them fountains of water in the valleys. I will fill the desert with pools of water. Rivers fed by springs will flow across the parched ground.” (Isaiah 41:17-18, NLT)

Only God can take nothing and make something. God can take a desert and make a lake. “When the poor and needy search for water and there is none... I will fill the desert with pools of water!” God takes our lifelessness and replaces it with the Holy Spirit, hopelessness with meaning, nothingness with the Heart of Jesus, conflict with the Peace of Jesus.

When I first began writing the previous paragraph it went something like this. God CAN take our lifelessness and replace it with the Holy Spirit, CAN replace our hopelessness with meaning, CAN replace our nothingness with the Heart of Jesus, CAN replace our conflict with the Peace of Jesus. And while it is true God CAN do anything it is also true that “the LORD will answer” when we ask out of a genuine need.

I am probably the only one on earth who has asked God for money to suddenly appear out of nothing or asked for the lottery numbers and waited and waited and waited and waited and... Yet when I asked for the strength and courage to face quadruple bypass surgery I received that and more!

One of my favorite bible conversations between Jesus and another person comes from chapter 9 of Mark. "What do you mean, 'If I can'?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes." The father instantly cried out, "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:23-24 NLT) Along that same line I remember sometime ago asking God to love me and before I could go further in my prayer I felt God saying, “When did I stop loving you?” When we pray we need to understand and experience God not as a “CAN to God” but as a “I WILL do God”.

After the Amen faith must go from believing to belief. Because God answers every prayer with, “I am listening.” What God does after he listens is out of our hands and in his hands.

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!

Gary

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X