Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
Making our light shine…

The apostle Paul writing to the believers in Philippi not only put “things” in perspective but also clearly stated how to a life free of “thing addiction”. I know what it is to be poor or to have plenty, and I have lived under all kinds of conditions. I know what it means to be full or to be hungry, to have too much or too little. Christ gives me the strength to face anything. (Philippians 4:12-13 CEV)

I suspect some of us can say the same thing about ourselves as well and perhaps add a few more items like. We know what it is to be unhealthy and to have health, to be lonely and to be surrounded by friends, to be hopeless and to be filled with hope, to be unloved and to be loved, to experience conflict and to experience peace, and the list can go on according to each of our own circumstances.

There is however one final item each of us face and struggle with on a daily basis that all the struggles listed above fall under. We know what it is to live under our own life agenda and we know what it is to live under Jesus’ life agenda. Paul was instructing the Philippians (and you and I) to forsake our own life agenda in favor of Jesus’ life agenda.

On a personal note I know what it is like to live without Jesus in my heart and I know what it is like to live with Jesus in my heart. I know I’ve always lived in Jesus’ heart but there was a time when I knew of Jesus but I hadn’t asked him to live in my heart. And my greatest struggle at this point in my life is with loved ones, friends, and acquaintances suffering from “thing addition” whose hearts have touched mine (and I suspect have touched yours) that have yet to invite Jesus into their hearts.

While it is the work of the Holy Spirit give reality to the need for an intimate relationship with Jesus. The apostle Paul instructs us on how we can, in addition to our prayers be living witnesses to help them realize their need for Jesus. “You used to be like people living in the dark, but now you are people of the light because you belong to the Lord. So act like people of the light and make your light shine. Be good and honest and truthful, as you try to please the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:8–10, CEV)

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!
Grace and PEACE, Amen!
Gary

The LORD gives strength to those who are weary… But those who trust the LORD will find new strength…” (Isaiah 40:29, 31 CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture quotations marked (LEB) are from the Lexham English Bible. Copyright 2012 Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”