Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 02/06/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• princesa
    replied
    Amen!

Leave a comment:

• LostSheep
    replied
    Amen Gary.

Leave a comment:

• Crusty Christian
    started a topic Glory Seed Devotional 02/06/2014

Glory Seed Devotional 02/06/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    Worship as Experience…

“But the time is coming—it has, in fact, come—when what you’re called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter. “It’s who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That’s the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship…” (John 4:23, The Message)

Yesterday I wrote, “When we can see the totality of our life from Jesus’ perspective we then can see the truth and that truth will set us free! That’s not always easy but always necessary.” If I were to go back and rewrite that sentence I would substitute the word experience for the word see. More and more I am seeing/experiencing the importance of the relationship of seeing and experiencing in how we live our lives. Seeing may lead to believing but experiencing always comes with the potential to be life changing.

For some a worship experience is a once or twice a week “church service” where they go to be “spiritually fed” in order to live out their Christian lives. However, there are others who’s believe their lives depend on a daily worship experience. They see worship as more than just sitting in church for them the worship experience can be as simple as praying or as engaging as in bible study/reading or other Christian based material. For example when I sit down at my computer turn on meditation music and begin writing I am engaging myself in a worship experience. When we are able to experience God or when we encounter God we are in a “worship experience” which is or should be life changing.

Expectation, anticipation, participation, encountering, and experiencing God are all elements of Worship whether it is formal in a church sanctuary or informal in a private non-church sanctuary. Yet according to Jesus for our worship to be genuine we must not only pursuit truth but we must also enter into the worship experience based on who we are not who we think we are or who society says we are.

I appreciate the way Eugene Peterson words this verse from the Beatitudes, “You’re blessed when you’re content with just who you are—no more, no less. That’s the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can’t be bought.” (Matthew 5:5, The Message)

God’s love for you is based not on your position in life it’s not base on how much you have or how little you have it is based solely on who you really are – a daughter or son. When you approach him simply as a daughter or a son you will experience him and he will bless you.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end—” (Isaiah 43:2, The Message)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked MSG have been taken from THE MESSAGE. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X