Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
Hope is…

Hope isn’t something you wait for!
Hope isn’t something you create!
Hope is! And…
Hope is where you find Him!

“Then Jesus got into the boat and started across the lake with his disciples. Suddenly, a fierce storm struck the lake, with waves breaking into the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!” Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!” Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm. The disciples were amazed. “Who is this man?” they asked. “Even the winds and waves obey him!”” (Matthew 8:23–27, NLT)

We are in that boat!

We may be alone or we may have company and if we’re not in it right now we have been or we will be. Well, maybe not that exact boat it could be one of our own making, by the “fickle finger of fate”, by an enemy, by a loved one, by an employer, by the devil, or even by God but whatever the case (in the words of Obi Wan Ben Kenobi), “It is your destiny.” If don’t believe in the wisdom of the Jedi then perhaps you’ll believe Jesus, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in Me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." (John 16:33 NLT)

“…I have come so that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10, LEB) When you put what Jesus said about an abundant life with what he said here. “…He makes the sun rise on both good and bad people. And he sends rain for the ones who do right and for the ones who do wrong.” (Matthew 5:45, CEV) You can see life comes with an abundant mixture of good times and bad times, tranquil times and stormy times.

Enter Jesus!

I have heard it said that the life we live now is a time to prepare ourselves for heaven and while that is true this is also true – the life we now live is a time for opening ourselves up to the presence of the living Christ in the Holy Spirit. When we open ourselves up during our dark times we will not only encounter the Prince of Peace but we will also encounter the Source of Hope.

Hope is not the absence discouragement, depression, fear of the unknown! Hope is the Presence of Jesus Christ!

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!
Grace and PEACE, Amen!
Gary

The LORD gives strength to those who are weary… But those who trust the LORD will find new strength…” (Isaiah 40:29, 31 CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture quotations marked (LEB) are from the Lexham English Bible. Copyright 2012 Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”