Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 05/14/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 05/14/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    God dumped your plans?

Patti and I since the late 1990’s began making plans upon my retirement from my workplace to relocate to Townsend, Tennessee adjacent to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Every time we vacationed there we’d search for just the right place. Before going in the spring of last year we even contacted a real-estate agent but in spite of our years of dreaming and planning God had other plans for us that did not include relocating to eastern Tennessee. So here we are scratching our heads wondering where we go from here. Or should I say where does God want us to go from here?

When I read the daily scripture from IDisciple, “Share you plans with the Lord, and you will succeed.” (Proverbs 16:3, CEV) After all how could we possibly succeed after God put our plans in the “grave yard for best laid plans”? I again found myself scratching my head and feeling regretful for sharing our plans of moving to the Lord in the first place. I watched our plans go up in smoke then done something stupid. “We should have kept God out of our plans and just gone ahead and moved anyway,” I found myself thinking.

No sooner had I tried to wipe those thoughts out of my mind before God picked up on them when the Holy Spirit nudged me with divine thoughts, “The scripture doesn’t say your plans of moving will succeed. It only says you will succeed could it be God’s plans will bring you a greater success than you could ever imagine?” There’s no way I could argue with that however it did leave me wondering what, when, and where God’s plan would bring us success.

Have you had a similar experience, or are you having a similar experience now? As important and thought provoking as Proverbs 16:3 is to all of us the preceding two verses are equally important, thought provoking, and wisdom for today, tomorrow, and every day following. “We humans make plans, but the Lord has the final word. We may think we know what is right, but the Lord is the judge of our motives.” (Proverbs 16:1–2, CEV)

Trust God he knows what’s best for us!

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

The LORD gives strength to those who are weary… But those who trust the LORD will find new strength…” (Isaiah 40:29, 31 CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture quotations marked (LEB) are from the Lexham English Bible. Copyright 2012 Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”
    Last edited by Crusty Christian; 05-14-2015, 06:51 AM. Reason: Formatting changes...

Amen Crusty! I say, it's quite uncanny how often this devotional has timely words for me.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X