At-the-bottom.jpgGlory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise

When at the bottom there’s only one way to go – UP…

When all else fails trust God because God will not fall apart under duress! The prophet Jeremiah In his book Lamentations writes: “From the bottom of the pit, I prayed to you, Lord. I begged you to listen. “Help!” I shouted. “Save me!” You answered my prayer and came when I was in need. You told me, “Don’t worry!” You rescued me and saved my life.” (Lamentations 3:55–58, CEV)

Jeremiah wasn’t the only one thrown into a pit. Remember young Joseph? His own brothers threw him into a pit eventually selling him into slavery where in Egypt he was sold again and at just the right time God pulled him out and he became the second most powerful man in the world at that time.

God loves pulling his people out of pits! I know this to be true because like Jeremiah and Joseph he’s pulled me out more than once. Not only that there have been a couple of times in response to my rebellion when in order to get my attention and he caused me to fall in. And even now I am writing these words from the bottom of a pit and I am impatiently waiting for the hand of Jesus that will surely reach down and pull me out.

You can learn a lot about helplessness, hopelessness, patience, faith, and the true blessings of life while at the bottom of a pit. The trick is not focusing your attention on expending energy trying to climb out instead experiencing it as “class is in session time” and learning about life and how God wants to factor in to our lives. Steve Farrar in his book “God Built” hints at the fact that “bottom of the pit time” is time to open up our bibles, shore up, strengthen, and deepen our relationship with God.

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!
Grace and PEACE, Amen!
Gary
The LORD gives strength to those who are weary… But those who trust the LORD will find new strength…” (Isaiah 40:29, 31 CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”