Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 04/13/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 04/13/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    God, diamonds, and you…

Good morning everyone and surprise! It’s me Crusty T. Christian! Gary is taking a few days off and much to my surprise he asked me if I wanted to take the helm. Of course I said sure I’d love the chance but then I asked him if he was crazy for asking me without any formal theological training. He reminded me even though his “formal education” was limited his trust was in the tutoring of the Holy Spirit.

For my first scripture I’ve chosen one that means a great deal to me because it says so much about my faith journey since first meeting Gary at the Silver Birch Mall. “And me? I'm a mess. I'm nothing and have nothing: make something of me. You can do it; you've got what it takes-- but God, don't put it off.” (Psalms 40:17 MSG)

I’m not sure you’ll remember the automobile crash ads on television where it said, “You can learn a lot from a dummy,” but I do because before Psalms 40:17 smacked me in the back of my head that was me. I was belittling just about everyone until the day I met Gary and he pointed out how much God loves all people and is saddened when people fall on hard times. Suddenly I was on hard times and referred to myself as a dummy for thinking that way. But Gary came right back with something I’ll never forget. “God did not, nor does he, nor will he create dummies, people create dummies God doesn’t, instead God creates unique and unrepeated miracles in his own image just like you Crusty.”

There’s no doubt every one of us hasn’t at one time or another (maybe many times like me) done dumb things like belittling people, or some other thing people do to others or themselves that hurts everyone. But doing something dumb doesn’t make a person a dummy it only points out their dependency on God rather than things. Because God IS love there’s no such person as a “nothing person” every one of us is a “diamond in the rough” and if we give our lives wholeheartedly to God he will in his own time transform us from a lump of coal into the finest diamond in all the world. But one thing for sure when God carry’s out his plan for our transformation it can be painful but take it from me a “fine diamond” in the making it is well worth it!

Walk in the Light with Jesus and you’ll never get lost!
    PEACE be unto you!
    Crusty T. Christian, the First

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13 LEB)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scriptures marked MSG have been taken from THE MESSAGE. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X