Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
If you hear?

Today is Maundy Thursday a day set aside to celebrate what has come to be known as the Lord’s Supper, or in some circles it is known as the Last Supper. “When the time came for Jesus and the apostles to eat, he said to them, “I have very much wanted to eat this Passover meal with you before I suffer. I tell you that I will not eat another Passover meal until it is finally eaten in God’s kingdom.”” (Luke 22:14–16, CEV)

Although it was the last time Jesus shared the Passover Meal with the disciples it was not the last time Jesus shared a meal with them (at least part of them). “When the disciples got out of the boat, they saw some bread and a charcoal fire with fish on it. Jesus told his disciples, "Bring some of the fish you just caught." Simon Peter got back into the boat and dragged the net to shore. In it were one hundred fifty-three large fish, but still the net did not rip. Jesus said, "Come and eat!" But none of the disciples dared ask who he was. They knew he was the Lord. Jesus took the bread in his hands and gave some of it to his disciples. He did the same with the fish.” (John 21:9-13 CEV)

While that may have been the Last Breakfast Jesus shared with his disciples the good news for you and I is found in chapter 3 of the Book of Revelations, “Listen! I am standing and knocking at your door. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will eat together.” (Revelation 3:20, CEV) Please note nowhere in those 27 words do you read the phrase “I might be standing ……” or “I may be standing ……” It says I AM STANDING ……”

Isn’t it amazing how the fate of our lives hinges on the simple two letter word – IF! “If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in and we will eat together.” Listening for Jesus’ voice takes some practice because there are so many other “noisy voices” vying for our attention. However, if you are willing to practice listening and practice hard the Holy Spirit will tutor you and refine your “listening for Jesus” skills.

With Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday yet to go Jesus’ voice is calling you loud and long please listen to the message he has for you. To help you get started here’s the preface be sure to listen for the rest of it. “If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28 CEV)

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!
Grace and PEACE, Amen!
Gary

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13 LEB)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”