Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 03/24/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 03/24/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    God helps…

“God helps them that help themselves.” I am sure you’re familiar with that saying. I know I am and it sounds as if it is great advice however, if we could help ourselves we wouldn’t need God. I understand the theory behind it – God is not going to do everything for us, after all there are somethings we can do for ourselves we are not totally helpless. Some of us may be lazy and refuse to help ourselves but that’s a different story.

Perhaps this is way it should read, “God doesn’t help them that can help themselves.” However, each and every one of us has at one time or another been pushed into the “deep end” and found ourselves way in over our heads. Maybe that’s where you are right now, treading water trying to keep your head above water. Do you remember Peter’s failed attempt to walk on water and finding himself WAY in over his head? In case you need a reminder.

“By this time the boat was a long way from the shore. It was going against the wind and was being tossed around by the waves. A little while before morning, Jesus came walking on the water toward his disciples. When they saw him, they thought he was a ghost. They were terrified and started screaming. At once, Jesus said to them, “Don’t worry! I am Jesus. Don’t be afraid.” Peter replied, “Lord, if it is really you, tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come on!” Jesus said. Peter then got out of the boat and started walking on the water toward him. But when Peter saw how strong the wind was, he was afraid and started sinking. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted. Right away, Jesus reached out his hand. He helped Peter up and said, “You surely don’t have much faith. Why do you doubt?”” (Matthew 14:24–31, CEV)

Now put yourself into the story, instead of Peter it’s you floundering in water WAY over your head. Instead of liquid water it could be financial water, it could be health water, it could be an addiction of some sort water, I could be a broken relationship water, it could be depression water, and the list could go on and on. But the result is all the same in water WAY over your head and unable to help yourself. Here’s what I’ve learned while I’ve been in over my head. “God helps them when they cannot help themselves.”

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13 LEB)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X